Does Dahua make a camera like this

Rockky

n3wb
Reaction score
Mother in law lives down stairs and wifey wants a cam that she can find her with from her phone. This one pans, tilts and has 2 way audio, I've heard this amcrest has many problems...is there a Dahua or a different brand that is reliable that will work good w my Dahua 16 NVR?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mother in law lives down stairs and wifey wants a cam that she can find her with from her phone. This one pans, tilts and has 2 way audio, I've heard this amcrest has many problems...is there a Dahua or a different brand that is reliable that will work good w my Dahua 16 NVR?
Hi @Rockky

iirc most if not all of Amcrest's IP POE cameras are Dahua OEM products.

I would expect that this PTZ may also be a Dahua OEM product - though I do not know for certain as I do not recall seeing a similar one in the Dahua OEM international catalog.

Naturally when this goes for $50-60 on sale you can imagine there will be some compromises to the build quality when you compare it to outdoor rated cameras, still for an indoor camera it seems to be very popular with consumers.

Rockky

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @Rockky

iirc most if not all of Amcrest's IP POE cameras are Dahua OEM products.

I would expect that this PTZ may also be a Dahua OEM product - though I do not know for certain as I do not recall seeing a similar one in the Dahua OEM international catalog.

Naturally when this goes for $50-60 on sale you can imagine there will be some compromises to the build quality when you compare it to outdoor rated cameras, still for an indoor camera it seems to be very popular with consumers.
I havent recieved my Dahau nvr yet, but it sounds like it will be compatible with the amcrest?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I havent recieved my Dahau nvr yet, but it sounds like it will be compatible with the amcrest?
Hi Rockky,

Not certain about that particular model - imho worth testing and / or waiting for confirmation from others. ( I believe the basic recording should work ok, PT controls you'd want to see what others have to say about that )

I do know my Dahua OEM NVR5216-16P-4Ks2 that I picked up from Andy works well with the IP POE cameras from Amcrest.