Does Dahua NVR have the same editing settings that is in Dahua Camera

jkn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have Dahua NVR and Dahua camears (5231 / 5831), are their more settings if I access the camera directly through laptop or does it have the same settings that I see on the Dahua NVR?

1. For example I seen videos/images of others where it says' Config File' they have Day / Night / Switch by period but mine just says Config1 / Config2? I like to be able to adjust Day settings and Night settings when it switches by period.

2. I see others able to adjust exposure / 3dnr level /etc such as this, but I don't see that option. IPC/Camera Configuration - Dahua Wiki

3. I see others have 'Conditions' under Images tab

20180913_210744.jpg

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
No, the direct NVR machine interface does NOT have all of the functionality of the camera. Log into the camera web interface itself and you will usually see much more.

Also you can log into the Web interface of the NVR, no need past initial setup to use that old clunky machine interface.

Open a browser on your network and go to 192.168.1.108 (default Dahua NVR IP)

jkn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No, the direct NVR machine interface does NOT have all of the functionality of the camera. Log into the camera web interface itself and you will usually see much more.

Also you can log into the Web interface of the NVR, no need past initial setup to use that old clunky machine interface.

Open a browser on your network and go to 192.168.1.108 (default Dahua NVR IP)

I can log into the Web Interface of the NVR just fine (but it has the same settings as what I see when i'm viewing the NVR on a monitor directly, just different UI). In addition, I couldn't get my Mac laptop to connect to any of my cameras even though I put my LAN TCP/IP of my mac to the same subnet 10.1.1.##. I have all my EPOE cameras plugged into the EPOE (they have 10.1.1.60/61/62ex) into the NVR and my Macbook plugged into EPOE on the NVR so not sure what I'm doing wrong.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
True the NVR options are the the same, just prefer the web GUI

But for the advanced camera settings you will need to log into the camera web GUI.

On my 4208 NVR's with built-in PoE switch I go tio the Registration page and click on the little blue IE icon to open the web GUI for each camera.... do you have that?

regpage.jpg

jkn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm going to try it tomorrow with my Dahua 5216...
True the NVR options are the the same, just prefer the web GUI

But for the advanced camera settings you will need to log into the camera web GUI.

On my 4208 NVR's with built-in PoE switch I go tio the Registration page and click on the little blue IE icon to open the web GUI for each camera.... do you have that?

View attachment 33210
Thanks that worked, I didn't see those little icons!