Does firmware change with a factory reset SD59432XA-HNR?

TY2185

n3wb
Reaction score
I purchased a Refubished SD59432XA-HNR from Andy and need to reset the user/password. I tried all the admin/admin...1234...12345...Blank and no dice.
I've read a factory reset with get me going. I just don't want to mess up my autotracking feature.
Also I plugged this into my Lorex NRV and the camera came right up with no device setting changes or Passwords entered.
Thanks!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No the firmware does not change after a factory reset.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I bought 2 T5442T-ZE refurbs from Andy. One of them allowed me to login via IE an asked to assign my new password. The other one asked for the login password and, like yourself, I tried the 1234, etc and failed. I also did resets with power on and power off but still could not access the camera. I then used the Dahua Config Tool and it recognized it as being uninitiated and allowed me to initialize and continue as a new setup. It did take a couple attempts to get the IP changed for my system though but it all worked out.
Since it worked on your Lorex NVR maybe it initialized it which I assume would allow you to login to it now.

TY2185

n3wb
Reaction score
OK going the wrong way. haha Now the Lorex NVR doesn't see the camera. At least I know the camera works. But It stopped working on the Lorex NVR after I did a factory reset.
Using the Config tool I can see the camera. I start to Initialize the camera and I get an network error. I've tried this 10 times.
Maybe I should start a new thread? LMK Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

TY2185

n3wb
Reaction score
It was my VPN causing the problem! Should be good now. If not I'll start a new thread.