Does Huisun really make these cams or firmware?

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Interesting. So Huisun might not be the original manufacturer as Monica claims? They probably order the components from some other factory and assemble them with their name stamped on the cameras. The other company's that are selling this camera probably do the same.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Interesting. So Huisun might not be the original manufacturer as Monica claims? They probably order the components from some other factory and assemble them with their name stamped on the cameras. The other company's that are selling this camera probably do the same.
I never really asked Monica if they make the cams, they were the first ones to sell it at this price, but since others are selling now then it answers our question.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is a msg I got from Monica back in October when I ordered the first camera.

Our company is factory,and main produce camera,pls believe me,i will confirm good quality,and good price.
Have a good day.
Monica we.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
This is a good question, whether or not Huisun is the original manufacturer. Having work for a hardware manufacturer (printers) for over twenty years, the OEM side of the business was always a big part of our sales. We would sell our printers to other manufacturers and put their name on our products. We would also buy printers from other companies and put our name on them. Generally speaking, whoever had the lowest price was probably the original manufacturer of the product, but this wasn't always the case when you deal with very large companies and large order quantities. A few days ago I got the following comment on my YouTube channel for my Huisun Mini PTZ Camera Demo video. Now half the comments on YouTube are from trolls, but I thought I paste this comment here since this person might seem to know what he was talking about. Not sure if the person commenting is from the manufacturer or just another retail sales person.

"Peter Z 3 days ago
Pretty nice demo and beautiful scenery, honestly I recorded several demo but not as good as yours... Next time my client ask me for demo video, maybe I can send him this link lol. And about the history of this camera, we start sale since April, have no bad feedback about its PTZ performance yet. Someone may doubt its durability, but we know it can last long time because we have tested it since we start developed it 2 years ago."

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Do you have link to your video?

2 years in development, wow! Unless, this is not what he meant. :)

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Here is the video link:
Thanks! Really nice scenery!

Oh, looky here

Peter Z has single video posted in his channel 6 month ago and there is a mention of Huisun in there.

This looks nice :)

Last edited by a moderator:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You simply never know with the Chinese. On Aliexpress, product listings and marketing material are often excessively sloppy, copied from somewhere else, and packed with typos, incorrect units of measure, and other inaccuracies.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
I just received this from my old supplier today that I used for several years. They were great but I made the switch primarily to LTS earlier this year. I didn't really have any issues with the supplier/manufacture in China however warranty claims were just a pain. While I normally had stock and they would ship me the replacements first it was still a pain dealing with shipping the defective items back to them where as with US Suppliers I can just print the UPS label at my desk and toss it in the pickup box outside.

Anyways - take a look at the attached screen grab from the catalog that showed up today... Look like something we've seen a lot of? :)

Sorry for the blocks of black - don't want to share to much as I do have a healthy relationship with my supplier still.

Attachments

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Huisun Customer Support.jpg

I bet you $10 these are not the actual pictures of their support staff :D

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I just received this from my old supplier today that I used for several years. They were great but I made the switch primarily to LTS earlier this year. I didn't really have any issues with the supplier/manufacture in China however warranty claims were just a pain. While I normally had stock and they would ship me the replacements first it was still a pain dealing with shipping the defective items back to them where as with US Suppliers I can just print the UPS label at my desk and toss it in the pickup box outside.

Anyways - take a look at the attached screen grab from the catalog that showed up today... Look like something we've seen a lot of? :)

Sorry for the blocks of black - don't want to share to much as I do have a healthy relationship with my supplier still.
Looks the same as this.
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/1080P-cctv-camera-IR-LED-40m_60304299304.html?spm=a2700.7724838.30.10.Qs7dsK

But now that look at this mini PTZ it seems all over the place, everyone is selling it

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
View attachment 6621

I bet you $10 these are not the actual pictures of their support staff :D
If you do a TinEye Reverse Image Search on these pictures you will find results on Coco, Peter, and Lucy (Lucy seems quite popular with over 60 results). I couldn't find any results for Candy and Andy though, but I still wouldn't take that bet. :D

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You couldn't find Candy because she is real and a sales rep for the company. I want to contact Candy so she can sell me some more cameras. :D

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
This is what Candy told me about 2nd generation cam:

This IPC is using in day and night have IR in the inner ,and not see any IR Light in the night . That's the big different from one generation .And this camera with Sony 322 sensor + Ambarella S2L Maim chip .
Thank u for ur time ,look forward to received ur reply soon .
Best regard
Candy

I am correct to assume the IR light will not be visible at night?