Does it matter connecting nvr with 100 or 1000mb?

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Lets say we have a nvr ( hikvision ) 32ch with 16 poe
, all cameras are connected to built in poe ports of nvr( 16pc ) Does it make any difference connecting the lan port of nvr with 100 or 1000 mb???

When cameras are connected using poe switches then it could be good as i know.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
nvr ( hikvision ) 32ch with 16 poe
all cameras are connected to built in poe ports of nvr( 16pc ) Does it make any difference connecting the lan port of nvr with 100 or 1000 mb???

When cameras are connected using poe switches then it could be good as i know.
100mb and 1000mb is the speed at which data can transfer per second. 1000mb = 1Gb.
Connecting your NVR to your router/other networking device with the 1000mb LAN port is recommended. This is so you can view the cameras on another device without freezing/lag and when downloading footage off the NVR.

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But what if the down and up speed on location is max 80 / 80

I was thinking the 1000 mb is only for inside flow bandwith ( the max communication between local devices /

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
But what if the down and up speed on location is max 80 / 80

I was thinking the 1000 mb is only for inside flow bandwith ( the max communication between local devices /
Just means you won't be able to load the video live on a computer connected to the network.
Downloading video will also be very slow.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
80/80 is your ISP's internet connection right?
if so, that's not super bad.
Your home network hardware is usually Gigabit devices these days.
Not super clear on what your asking.
But given a choice I would alway choose a Gigabit connection over a Megabit connection.
Some NVR's ( like mine) only can handle about 75% of a full load on the built in POE switch before it gets to be a slow ass POS with forever load times for getting into web pages. etc...
Sometimes you want to look at the NVR's max Mbps rating. Mine happens to be 80 Mbps on its Wan Port. which is shit.
Once i began migrating my cameras off the NVR PoE switch, and onto the Cisco, my network performance has become good again.