Does Philadelphia / PA require security system installers to be licensed?

TheWhiteKnight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A local company is telling me there is no licensing required for installers here and I can't seem to find anything online to verify that he's right or wrong. Only this really old article about an attempt to do so:

Philly eyes installer licensing | Security Systems News

I know permits are required for the alarms in certain situations.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
A local company is telling me there is no licensing required for installers here and I can't seem to find anything online to verify that he's right or wrong. Only this really old article about an attempt to do so:

Philly eyes installer licensing | Security Systems News

I know permits are required for the alarms in certain situations.
IPVM.COM just did a rundown of all 50 states and their requirements...US States Security Licensing Guide
if you will be installing, the membership is worthwhile..

TheWhiteKnight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think i'd only ever be able to afford an IPVM membership if I were in the business lol. I'm already certain it's not required here on the state level but i'm not sure about Philadelphia itself. I just want to be sure in case I choose to hire them in the future.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I think i'd only ever be able to afford an IPVM membership if I were in the business lol. I'm already certain it's not required here on the state level but i'm not sure about Philadelphia itself. I just want to be sure in case I choose to hire them in the future.
if you are not the one installing who cares...it can actually work to your benefit in case there is a dispute....the license itself is meaningless, as long as they are insured and bonded you are good to go.