Does this mean my Ezviz DB1 is toast?

34Ford

n3wb
Reaction score
Seems to be working as it should except for this mars looking world.

Screenshot_20240525-094830.png

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
It’s the IR Shutter stuck . . . If you give it a tap it may open / close correctly for a while.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^^.
As you know, if your DB night vision is provided by infrared LED's (IR) then a photo-sensitive sensor turns on at night. A mechanical IR cut filter is lowered during the day over the camera's image sensor to filter out IR; IR entering the camera's image sensor is only desirable at night so that's when the IR cut filter is removed, allowing IR to enter the camera's image sensor.

Since it's a mechanical filter, yours appears stuck and not lowered over the image sensor during the day as it should so the IR component of the light spectrum is causing the purple hue. A sharp rap will usually get it to move.

Last edited:

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Just a note while this may work for a while. It’s probably best to save up and have the unit replaced at some point.

In the meantime if your area has enough light. Once the IR filter is the correct position just set the camera to day only mode.

I’ve been pretty impressed with my DB1 camera as it relates to low light imaging. I’m less happy and impressed with the shit network issues which requires me to POPO the breaker to regain network access! :angry:

Having said all of that I’m modestly happy with the Hikvision HD1 doorbell as it hasn’t displayed the same network fault like the EZVIZ branded hardware!

Hoping to see a POE version from Hikvision that incorporates a dual camera, 4 MP, 1/1.8” lens maybe in 2035?!?!:(

34Ford

n3wb
Reaction score
Well shoot. I beat on it but no luck. I just had this same problem with a CCTV camera and hitting it worked. Guess I will be tearing into it to see if I can fix it.
If not I will try to find a replacement here in the US.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Can the DB2 be wired to my existing transformer like the DB1? Manual shows it can.
The manual / video isn’t very clear about this. As the the DB2 is advertised as a battery operated doorbell. But, has the connection points on the back to interconnect to an existing mechanical doorbell?!?

A mechanical doorbell would / is connected to a 16~24 VAC transformer to operate! :facepalm:

I’m not sure why you would need a battery operated door bell if you had existing wiring present?!?

Maybe it’s a dual use device that supports both battery only vs hardwired?

34Ford

n3wb
Reaction score
I am finding it hard to figure out which Ezviz doorbells can be connected to wires. And Amazon and Ebay has a pitiful selection to choose from.
May have to go with another brand. I could go with Simplisafe to tie in with my alarm.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I am finding it hard to figure out which Ezviz doorbells can be connected to wires. And Amazon and Ebay has a pitiful selection to choose from.
May have to go with another brand. I could go with Simplisafe to tie in with my alarm.
Personally if access isn’t an issue I would probably go with what a lot of IPC members are doing. Which is installing that Reolink POE doorbell which seems to have good reviews.

No more worries about WiFi and streaming video issues.