Does your Dahua IPC-Color4K-T keep time?

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just realized that my Dahua IPC-Color4K-T kept time even though it was blocked from internet access and doesn't know the internal network time server. Edit: I meant I powered it off, then plugged it back in, and it still kept time. Does it have a battery and real time clock inside? My other Dahua cameras do not have that.

It gave me a scare that I haven't been blocking devices correctly from internet access, but I double checked and it seems to be blocked. So I figure it might have internal clock with battery backup?

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Re: blocked fom the internet. if the camera is on duty...it's getting power. regardless of web connectivity or network time server. so perhaps it's got a decent clock built in....as far as battery...maybe someone else can answer.....I think since the camera retains it's configuration during power interuptions, those bits of data must be getting held in place by some kind of onboard battery....

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re: blocked fom the internet. if the camera is on duty...it's getting power. regardless of web connectivity or network time server. so perhaps it's got a decent clock built in....as far as battery...maybe someone else can answer.....I think since the camera retains it's configuration during power interuptions, those bits of data must be getting held in place by some kind of onboard battery....
Sorry, I wasn't clear in the original post. I mean I powered it off and then plugged it back in a few hours later and it kept time. That requires a coin cell battery and clock circuit typically. As for configuration, those can just be saved in flash memory like most electronic devices I think, even without a backup power.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
yeah i've seen a mini coin style battery on a cicuit board around the forums recently...but not sure which model