Dome Cam Recommendation

Reaction score
Hello,

I've recently expanded our patio and want to install a camera to cover the bulk of our patio/pool. I am wondering if a panoramic camera on this corner overhang would be sufficient for gross coverage and if so, which Dahua might be best suited?

Thanks!

Attachments

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Have a look in the Wiki, in the blue bar at the top f the page. You'll get some excellent guidance regarding placement, lens sizes and performance.

I'd suggest this one in 3.6mm. Excellent, both with light (day) and without (night). Right now, until midnight today, they are on sale by Andy at EmpireTech, an excellent and reliable source. Stay away from domes. The domes reflect IR light, collect dust and can yellow with age if exposed to sunlight, just like we get a suntan.

Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+ Turret

Last edited:
Reaction score
Have a look in the Wiki, in the blue bar at the top f the page. You'll get some excellent guidance regarding placement, lens sizes and performance.

I'd suggest this one in 3.6mm. Excellent, both with light (day) and without (night). Right not, until midnight, they are on sale by Andy at EmpireTech, an excellent and reliable source. Stay away from domes. The domes reflect IR light, collect dust and can yellow with age if exposed to sunlight, just like we get a suntan.

Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+ Turret
Thank you.
I screwed up the title of the post. I should have titled it "Panoramic or Fish eye" rather than dome.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You might want to have a look at this one then. Two cameras in one but they are in domes.