Dome v Bullet

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What are the advantages and disadvantages of Dome v Bullet cameras?

Bullets more likely to attract spider webs?

Domes more likely to get covered in dust and dirty rain water?

Opinions please :)

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you're looking at Hikvision stuff, they make the 2032F which is a 2032 with an SD card slot.

The turret you can twist off the bezel, but you have to undo a screw in order to even turn it.

With the dome you can also undo it, but you need to undo 3 screws. if anyone wants to disable them a spray can would work evenly well.

I don't like the idea of on-board storage, some people steal the whole camera (yes it has happened before). Unless it's recording on the camera as a backup.

Also, domes can suffer from IR reflections. It does depend on how you mount it and what is near it. If it's an ideal place you won't get any IR reflection, or minimal if thats the best place you can mount it.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
DS-2CD2132F-IS (UK/International model) will give you much less hassle if you are doing SD-card only recording than the Chinese DS-2CD2032F-I.

For a £15 difference I would do that.

If you don't need SD card, then DS-2CD2332-I is the way ahead.

LocoRob

n3wb
Reaction score
So if you wanted to put a camera by the front door (where there are pillars from the overhang of the roof and some chairs and wind chimes that would be in the way of the video feed), a turret or bullet would be best due to IR reflection (vs dome)?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So if you wanted to put a camera by the front door (where there are pillars from the overhang of the roof and some chairs and wind chimes that would be in the way of the video feed), a turret or bullet would be best due to IR reflection (vs dome)?
Turret = less reflection off of dome and less reflection onto dome

But the best option will be to get the lens length that means you don't record the overhanging roof. A few people have recently posted pics of half a roof or walls with turrets and the night-vision is terrible. You are better off going for 4mm or 6mm and not 2.8mm if there are going to be walls or ceiling in the picture.