Door alarm? Secure not easy to disable.

Adamsdaddy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My special needs 16 year old got picked up by Lyft at 3:30 am early Monday after climbing out the two story window. He and a friend went roaming around during the wee hours before being located by the sheriff's dept at the mall.

I need a door alarm to make noise or send a notification to my and the wife's phones. Probably be nice if it could tell me when his window gets opened however he got scrapped up on the way down so I don't think he'll do that again.

It needs to be something that can be easily disable by a quick hit or cover being removed.

Let me know if you have any ideas. I have the Ring for the exterior doors but I need something for his bedroom door. I also don't set the Ring at night because the puppy has be pee in the middle of the night a few times each week. Last thing I need is the alarm going off at 2:00 am because I forgot to shut it off.

Thank you

Reaction score
Probably best to have a flush mounted reed switch installed into the window frame. Any other type of reed switch will be surface mounted and easily messed with. Do you have an intruder alarm already?

Randy2012

n3wb
Reaction score
If you have a home alarm system already, maybe you can buy some door/ window sensors to work with your alarm system. When you have armed your system and sensors, if the door or windows are opened, the alarm screen will show which zone is opened, and system will raise a alert immediately, your phone will receive the message. Hope that can help you.