door camera for my church

Reaction score
I am trying to get a camera for our "Admin door", that is a double door, where during the week people come in and out. I would like to get one that has night vision and a nice wide angle view to pick up everything. Looking for some ideas on what to get?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^.
Also:
  • For Indoors or outdoors?
  • How far away from this "double door" is it to be mounted?
P.S. - Welcome to IPCT! :wave:

Reaction score
The camera would be placed right outside the door, to the left of the door. I have attached a picture of the current camera view. I need to be able to see more to the right as well as be able to place the camera a little lower so you can see peoples faces a little better.

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have read through parts of the wiki but didn't really find anything for my particular situation. I did find a lot of info pertaining to some other cameras i would like to get.
Any specs (lens focal length, make/model) on the camera supplying that view you posted?
That would help, since you stated that you want an even wider horizontal field of view than it can provide.

Reaction score
Any specs (lens focal length, make/model) on the camera supplying that view you posted?
That would help, since you stated that you want an even wider horizontal field of view than it can provide.
The camera is an ACTI E77:
  • 10 Megapixel
  • Day & Night with Adaptive IR LED
  • Fixed Lens with f3.6mm/F1.8
  • Basic WDR
  • Super wide angle
  • Event trigger, response and notification
It was supposed to be used in a different area however we had some issues with that door so I quickly put up what I had. Looking to put something in there that will work a lot better.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the lighting at night is pretty good cause there is a light on all night. In the daytime it can be shaded once the sun passes so there is shade as well.
  • If the light is decent: 5MP Dahua IPC-HDW2531R-ZS
  • If much darkness prevails: 2MP Dahua IPC-HDW2231R-ZS
Order from @EMPIRETECANDY...you simply can’t go wrong with Andy. :)

Reaction score
Well 5MP isn't recommended much around here because at night the light requirements are pretty extreme. However, in your case it looks like 3.6mm is almost enough if you could angle it so you aren't watching quite so much wall.

That camera Q recommended you can dial in your focus exactly the way you want it.

Reaction score
Well 5MP isn't recommended much around here because at night the light requirements are pretty extreme. However, in your case it looks like 3.6mm is almost enough if you could angle it so you aren't watching quite so much wall.

That camera Q recommended you can dial in your focus exactly the way you want it.
That is one of my concerns, the wall. The doors sit back about 4ft on both sides. Just want to make sure the camera I get can be adjusted so that I can get a good portion of the whole entrance as well as being able to see the people coming up.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I suggest one of these 2 varifocal, 2MP Starlight Dahua turret cams, one with mike or one without:

101 degree horizontal viewing angle, with microphone:
EmpireTech IPC-HDW5231R-ZE IP Camera 2MP Starlight WDR IR Eyeball Starlight Network IP Camera English Version

106 degree horizontal viewing angle, no microphone:
EmpireTech IP Camera IPC-HDW2231R-ZS 2MP Starlight IR Eyeball Network Camera English Version

If mounting on vertical surface and not under horizontal soffit or ceiling:
EmpireTech PFB203W Water-Proof Wall Mount Bracket

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.