door checker caught red handed

Git

Banned
Reaction score
The video is really clear - but I am really surprised with the way the Police handled it. Driving by in your car and shining your light????

They should have parked some distance away and then approached on foot... What city is that?

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The video is really clear - but I am really surprised with the way the Police handled it. Driving by in your car and shining your light????

They should have parked some distance away and then approached on foot... What city is that?
Yeaaahhh NO. you don't park your car some distance away and walk into a unknown especially for someone who has simply jumped a gate and is checking doors. its not that serous of a crime to take the chance and surprising said idiot and getting gunned down. Secondly a lot of calls come in with vague info. Half the time the police don't know the setup so its not worth chancing for theft from vehicles. May be a felony but its a petty felony at best. guy would be out before the cops finished the paper work

Git

Banned
Reaction score
May be a felony but its a petty felony at best. guy would be out before the cops finished the paper work
lol

Exactly my point. If you really wanted to catch the guy, you would stealthily set up a perimeter, call for a dog, etc etc. If you just wanted to scare the guy off so that you didn't have to get out of your unit and do some work, you drive by out front and shine your lights around.... Not impressed at all with their response

I guess you subscribe to the same philosophy those cops did in that tragic shooting of the 12 year old with the pellet gun. Why in the world would you ever drive up right next to a suspect in a "man with a gun" call????

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, but you know cops are crap shots, they always shoot at the large area the body.

A shoulder or leg has just the same effect, well it does if you don't want to kill them.

kccustom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What the hell was he going to do if he found something to steal? He was using both hands to hold his pants up.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. On a daily basis, I see marked police cars going 20+ over the posted speed limit w/o lights or sirens, or turning on their lights to get through a red light only to turn them off again on the other side of the intersection, or...

The cop-apologists always say that's cause their on a code2 (silent) run. These are reserved for hostages, robberies, and other confirmed perps on scene where they don't want to reveal their en route. Sadly, many of these cops are then seen pulling into a McD's drivethru. "But their call could have been canceled..." Sure.

Anyway, if there ever was a case where cops SHOULD approach silently, it would be exactly this one. Why not use a megaphone from a block away announcing your location and that you're coming around the SW corner of the building in 60 seconds. Sheesh...

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
The story goes... We saw this guy jumping the fence. We immediately called the Jackson, MS P.D. They surrounded the property within three minutes. They were then trying to wake up their officer that lives on the property but he came home late that night asleep. The cops in the cars with the lights on were trying to run the guy out of the back of the property because they didn't have access to the gates just yet. Their plan worked and the guy ran out of the back of the property and right into the K-9 unit. The guy grabbed a purse out of the white Volskwagen that had a bunch of cash in it. The video where the subject is between the buildings, you can see him take something out of the purse and put it in his pocket. He then ditches the purse

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The story goes... We saw this guy jumping the fence. We immediately called the Jackson, MS P.D. They surrounded the property within three minutes. They were then trying to wake up their officer that lives on the property but he came home late that night asleep. The cops in the cars with the lights on were trying to run the guy out of the back of the property because they didn't have access to the gates just yet. Their plan worked and the guy ran out of the back of the property and right into the K-9 unit. The guy grabbed a purse out of the white Volskwagen that had a bunch of cash in it. The video where the subject is between the buildings, you can see him take something out of the purse and put it in his pocket. He then ditches the purse
Now I know the end of the story. Was hoping to see a continuation video :D Thanks for sharing!

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
... deleted...

Last edited by a moderator:

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
lol

Exactly my point. If you really wanted to catch the guy, you would stealthily set up a perimeter, call for a dog, etc etc. If you just wanted to scare the guy off so that you didn't have to get out of your unit and do some work, you drive by out front and shine your lights around.... Not impressed at all with their response

I guess you subscribe to the same philosophy those cops did in that tragic shooting of the 12 year old with the pellet gun. Why in the world would you ever drive up right next to a suspect in a "man with a gun" call????
Hey @Git I'm not going to get into a debate here regarding your statements as you are entitled to your opinion. However, I would like to strongly encourage you to stop by your local PD and ask for a "ride along" and request this be done with a 3rd shift FTO if one is available so that you can experience what these individuals do at night... in the dark... Just a suggestion.

Cheers
zero

Last edited by a moderator: