Door checkers at my house.

phydeaux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guess my Lights coming on & Security cameras chased them away. I saw them checking Neighbors doors.

Kind of disappointed that the quality isnt as good as I was expecting.

Suppose to meet with officer after work tonight & give him a thumb drive with captures.

Cameras: Dahua HDW5231, The one going to Color mode is a HDW2231

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Zooom tighter on the vehicles and add more light. I like to have crossing driveway cams, and leave one in forced color. Two coachlights with 1600 lumens each help a lot as does a streetlight.

Older clips but you gte the idea... (change youtube player to 1080p)

phydeaux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

4 different Cams 2 are Dahua Starlight Shooting towards the street from the front of Garage, 2 are Longse LBH24S200 on the front porch aiming towards front door. The front porch light never went off (Motion Sensor not triggered). The Lights on either side of the Garage door went off as they detected motion.

The Perps never checked my doors as I'm guessing the lights coming on & the one guy must have seen the Cameras & why he ducked down.

Anyone able to ID the Make & model of the SUV that was the getaway car.

I'll be using this to tweak settings and adding additional lighting. I'm using Blue Iris and need to change the Make time etc. to capture more footage.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I agree. I am going to install 3 LPR cameras at my house. I need to step up the surveillance even more.

Bigredfish: "I like to have crossing driveway cams, and leave one in forced color". I agree and have even done a little more but my house is on the corner of a 4 way intersection.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
On those first two clips you have way too much Gain or Sharpness or both going on?

On the cars, you just need more white light.

Dont use WDR or SSA at night, and keep DNR below 50. All 3 create blur at night.