Door checker's with a weapon.

Jul 31, 2018
texas
Have not had any one walking by here in a looooooong time. Which I'm grateful for. My cameras are a deterent. The look out guys notice my cameras and they walk to the other side of the street. Then comes the weapon holder and the door checker. Can anyone determine what type of weapon. I'm not into weapons. Looks like I need to add another camera at my mailbox for more identification when they are in the middle of the street and accross the street. I just lost my dad (July 2024) and I acquired his 357 Magnum Rugor SP 101 pistol with hollow point bullets. I have signed up for a class to learn to shoot. We no longer have to have a carry license in Texas but I am going to take the class anyway.

Last edited:
My condolences about your dad, man. :confused:

Great approach concerning those classes. :headbang:

What is going on in Texas?

I thought they always had the reputation of you don't screw with them because they all own guns.

Way too many members here from Texas posting video like this. When you all gonna shoot back?

If this is happening there, not looking good for the rest of the country!

Condolences on your Dad

Great move on getting training.

Real hard to say on him model. Part of me thinks I saw a curved 30 rd mag but I can’t be sure. Typically some AK variant if so.
No obvious scope or red dot but its really hard to ID with him being in the dark and only 2-3 fuzzy frames to use

Last edited:
Time to expand the visual range on a camera or 2 imho ( lol translate add a couple cameras that do well in low light and have a decent zoom to get more pixels out to another choke point or 2 )

Reactions: djernie
I have signed up for a class to learn to shoot. We no longer have to have a carry license in Texas but I am going to take the class anyway.
I strongly recommend getting the license. There are too many instances where you can still get arrested for carrying a weapon, such as within certain distances of a school, without that license. Also, open carrying a weapon, while legal, subjects you to he said/she said encounters and you're probably going to come up on the short side in those situations even in Texas. Under no circumstances assume the police are on your side when a weapon is involved in anything!

Say it again @StevenFromTexas , Under no circumstances assume the police are on your side when a weapon is involved in anything!
Not only will I say it again, but I'll put some more emphasis on the statement:

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ASSUME THE POLICE ARE ON YOUR SIDE WHEN A WEAPON IS INVOLVED IN ANYTHING!

Sorry about your dad. Was wondering why you had not been on for a while.

I agree with @bigredfish and others on the rifle. Probably some type of AR15, or some other carbine.

Also agree with @Timokreon on the guy with a pistol in the waistband.

Super agree with @StevenFromTexas on getting the LTC, AND not assuming the police are on your side when a gun is involved.

The nice thing about getting the LTC in Texas is that you learn where you can carry and where you can't carry. Also when you can use lethal force and when you can't. The next thing about getting the LTC is that many other states recognize the TX LTC so you can carry there. I have had mine for years and years. I am always armed. Also, remember that the use of said gun is a LAST RESORT.

I agree with @StevenFromTexas on not utilizing open carry. Yes, it is legal in TX, but there are specific rules you need to follow. Businesses have specific signage you need to understand. You give up the element of surprise when you open carry. You become a target by those that want your gun and they will have way more experience taking it from you than you will have on preventing it.

Just last week I was in a pizza place in Tucson AZ where a 20 something guy was open carrying. It is legal there. He was leaning over a table talking to two other guys. His 1911 was in a leather holster on his right back hip. It had no retention. Due to the way he was leaning over, the butt was pulled away from his body. As I walked out I was so tempted to pull it out of his holster as I walked behind him. He would never have seen me and maybe never felt it.

If you are serious about arming yourself, get the LTC and take a good firearms class. There are many good ones in the Houston area. Practice, as it is a depreciating skill.

Thanks guys for the condolences. I am going to take the class for sure and there is a range near my house that offers them. I will practice shooting there. Good catch on the gun in the waist I did not notice it. I am also going to add more cameras at my mailbox to capture more identification of those who walk in the middle of the street and across the street. My financial officer will understand the need for more. :lmao:

Have not had any one walking by here in a looooooong time. Which I'm grateful for. My cameras are a deterent. The look out guys notice my cameras and they walk to the other side of the street. Then comes the weapon holder and the door checker. Can anyone determine what type of weapon. I'm not into weapons. Looks like I need to add another camera at my mailbox for more identification when they are in the middle of the street and accross the street. I just lost my dad (July 2024) and I acquired his 357 Magnum Rugor SP 101 pistol with hollow point bullets. I have signed up for a class to learn to shoot. We no longer have to have a carry license in Texas but I am going to take the class anyway.

Good capture @djernie nice PTZ image capture

The individual stills do not show it as clearly as we'd like, still the video clearly shows a carbine length or short barreled rifle length firearm ..

1729929228399.png
1729929379060.png

looking closely we can see the magazine and trigger guard
1729929418692.png

What sort of response have you gotten from the neighbors ?

Sorry to hear about your father. I agree, it looks like a short barrelled AR to me. You can see the upper receiver quite clearly if you look carefully. Police definately need to be lookign for these guys. Any gun is dangerous but 5.42 is considerably more dangerous than any pistol round and more importantly where buildings are concerned more penatrative. I've heard tales (not 100% sure if they're true) of them going right the way through Wooden houses and out the other side. I think Demolition Ranch did a video based around this recently and proved it wasn't true with some calibres. However, any bullet that gets inside is potentially a hit if anyone's in the way.

If your enemy is carrying AR's I think I'd be looking to out gun them. I'd be using a 10mm for general pistol carry (note you'll never out gun a rifle but you can't go shopping with an AR!). I'd be looking at 7.62 as a minimum for home defence and being a guy who kind of likes overmatch, my choice would probably be something short range but impactful such as .50 Beowolf or .458 SOCOM in an AR. That said, maybe worth taking legal advice on reasonable force as I believe in 1 state someone got prosecuted and jailed (I believe later overturned) for shooting a perp with a 10mm handgun as the judge determined using a 10mm was excessive force. They're certainly not going to like Beowolf or SOCOM if that's the case!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: djernie
That said, maybe worth taking legal advice on reasonable force as I believe in 1 state someone got prosecuted and jailed (I believe later overturned) for shooting a perp with a 10mm handgun as the judge determined using a 10mm was excessive force.
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

FWIW, I select my "proactive defense device" based on activity:
  • There's a Stevens 320 shotgun with light and laser 12 feet from where I lay my head for "indoor work".
  • There's a 9mm FMK on my hip when walking the dogs or everyday carry; at night it's in the nightstand drawer next to the bed.
  • There's a double-stack .380 Bersa in the master bathroom drawer.
  • There's a 7 round .380 Remington RM380 in my pocket when the 9mm FMK is "too obvious for the venue."
Both my Core 5.62/.223 AR-15 and the wife's .22 cal S&W M&P15-22 are in the hall closet.

Good capture @djernie nice PTZ image capture

The individual stills do not show it as clearly as we'd like, still the video clearly shows a carbine length or short barreled rifle length firearm ..

View attachment 205776
View attachment 205777

looking closely we can see the magazine and trigger guard
View attachment 205778

What sort of response have you gotten from the neighbors ?
Yeah i thought the same thing on the weapon. Seems they were a part of a group who was going street to street. They were on more cameras but you know the big box cameras. The group stole a vehicle on another street. At lest 5 people were on nextdoor asking for video and stating they got in their car as well as the one who said the vehicle was stolen.

Sorry to hear about your father. I agree, it looks like a short barrelled AR to me. You can see the upper receiver quite clearly if you look carefully. Police definately need to be lookign for these guys. Any gun is dangerous but 5.42 is considerably more dangerous than any pistol round and more importantly where buildings are concerned more penatrative. I've heard tales (not 100% sure if they're true) of them going right the way through Wooden houses and out the other side. I think Demolition Ranch did a video based around this recently and proved it wasn't true with some calibres. However, any bullet that gets inside is potentially a hit if anyone's in the way.

If your enemy is carrying AR's I think I'd be looking to out gun them. I'd be using a 10mm for general pistol carry (note you'll never out gun a rifle but you can't go shopping with an AR!). I'd be looking at 7.62 as a minimum for home defence and being a guy who kind of likes overmatch, my choice would probably be something short range but impactful such as .50 Beowolf or .458 SOCOM in an AR. That said, maybe worth taking legal advice on reasonable force as I believe in 1 state someone got prosecuted and jailed (I believe later overturned) for shooting a perp with a 10mm handgun as the judge determined using a 10mm was excessive force. They're certainly not going to like Beowolf or SOCOM if that's the case!!!
Thanks, I certainly will be looking for something similar after I get my carry license. I don't care what the judges think, if these punks are running around with AR then I will have to have the same at my home.

Reactions: JDreaming
Um, an AR15 is chambered in 5.56mm, or equivalently .223 not 5.42mm or 5.62mm.

Reactions: Flintstone61