Doorbell Camera in BlueIris

KillerMSG

n3wb
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question, but... Can the Reolink POE doorbell be added as a camera into BlueIris? I don't so much care about communication as much as I care about 1) Has a doorbell button that rings existing chime; and, 2) Records video, preferably to BlueIris with the other cameras.

MTL4

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question, but... Can the Reolink POE doorbell be added as a camera into BlueIris? I don't so much care about communication as much as I care about 1) Has a doorbell button that rings existing chime; and, 2) Records video, preferably to BlueIris with the other cameras.
Not dumb at all, had the same question just a few weeks ago. Short answer is yes, I just added 2 of them to my own system and they work great. You need to use the Reolink configuration tool to set them up then go into BI and adopt them as a camera.

KillerMSG

n3wb
Reaction score
I am reading a little more their website and it seems it will not ring the existing chime. Curious about a suggestion of another device that would do this.

MTL4

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am reading a little more their website and it seems it will not ring the existing chime. Curious about a suggestion of another device that would do this.
Apology if I misunderstood. I have mine wired up to POE and paired to the chime that came with the doorbell. If you want it to ring your old doorbell chime I think you need to use Home Assistant to allow it to use ONVIF events and then have the event trigger a relay. Hopefully someone else can confirm that but the chime that comes with the doorbell works just fine as does adding it as a camera in BI.

Last edited:

MTL4

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just a thought but I wonder if you could use the Reolink chime itself to directly trigger a relay (need to match voltages) for your old door chime. I’m sure it can be done it’s just whether that’s the most efficient way to do it. Hopefully someone smarter than I can comment on the best way to do this.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question, but... Can the Reolink POE doorbell be added as a camera into BlueIris?
Just a thought but I wonder if you could use the Reolink chime itself to directly trigger a relay (need to match voltages) for your old door chime. I’m sure it can be done it’s just whether that’s the most efficient way to do it.
Wow....not sure if either of you 5 year members know about IPCT's search feature but there' s a HUGE thread about the Reolink DB with Blue Iris:

And here's a YT video on how to use it with existing chimes: