Doorbell camera scares off thug.

mikem

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It looks like he has a gun or something down the back of his pants. As soon as he sees the doorbell cam he bolts. This is local to me. My son lives a couple blocks away from where this happened. He goes to Cal Poly University and it's only a half mile away. He's wearing gloves and has what some believe may be a syringe in his mouth. He rang the bell and then hung on to the door knob.

https://www.facebook.com/SLOStringer/videos/1007067969405640/

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
videos like this really showcase how shitty the video is from a ring doorbell cam.

shepscrook

n3wb
Reaction score
And it's better than nothing, alerts people, simple implementation. So despite being lower quality, that picture is more than enough to give a pretty good likeness.

Reaction score
For the average homeowner, the Ring doorbell cam is a simple/cheap first step into home surveillance. Many homes in my neighborhood have these installed, especially since it started to be sold at the local Costco's.

mikem

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nice of the guy to look right into the camera for a good picture of him. Hahahaha
Yeah he was thinking what the heck is that red light? They'll catch this guy. Too small a town. Plus no one around here wears a hat like he does. Bet he puckered up when he found out there was a camera.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I am surprised by the number of these in my neighborhood. They have them setup to dial up there phone so they can see who is at the front door.