Doorbell camera with easiest user interface for the elderly?

Safetyfirst

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a elderly relative which wants a doorbell camera and wanted a ring camera but I said no let me find something better. I'm leaning towards the Eufy camera or LaView Doorbell camera. Anyone setup a doorbell camera for their elderly relatives who are not technologically inclined? They just want to see who comes to their front or back door while they are away. The didn't want me to drill holes so I figured doorbell camera. Even if it's only 2mp it's not as important as it being easy to use. Anyone have any feedback or suggestions in regards to the User friendliness?

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have two Nest Hello doorbells and, while no one who is elderly uses them, the user interface is simple and easy to understand, in my opinion. I’m not sure if you’re looking for something cloud based, but if you’re not opposed to cloud based Nest is the best hands down. I had Ring previously and hated them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Safetyfirst

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have two Nest Hello doorbells and, while no one who is elderly uses them, the user interface is simple and easy to understand, in my opinion. I’m not sure if you’re looking for something cloud based, but if you’re not opposed to cloud based Nest is the best hands down. I had Ring previously and hated them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for the suggestion and feedback. I'm not against cloud cameras and I don't think they care as long as it works. You can find reviews all day about image quality and comparisons but not people's critiques of how easy it is for non tech people to use. Setup I don't care about as I would do it for them.

Reaction score
Check out lifehackster, he has reviewed many doorbell cameras. good luck.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Go with one of the prepackaged nest/ring type cameras for them. The hikvision/eufy/laview/rca is a bad choice.

Safetyfirst

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Go with one of the prepackaged nest/ring type cameras for them. The hikvision/eufy/laview/rca is a bad choice.
Thank you @fenderman I believe you are correct for simplicity can't beat the prepackaged ones it seems. Hopefully Wyze comes out with a decent doorbell camera down the road.

Safetyfirst

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Check out lifehackster, he has reviewed many doorbell cameras. good luck.
Thank you @djernie this person does have some good content for different cameras. Glad someone is impartial and doing side by side testing.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you @fenderman I believe you are correct for simplicity can't beat the prepackaged ones it seems. Hopefully Wyze comes out with a decent doorbell camera down the road.
Hopefully, someone, anyone, comes out with a decent doorbell camera that doesnt cost 800 bux like the axis. This is such an easy task but they cant get it right.

Safetyfirst

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hopefully, someone, anyone, comes out with a decent doorbell camera that doesnt cost 800 bux like the axis. This is such an easy task but they cant get it right.
I agree it's taking Dahua and Hikvision quite some time to release a better level of doorbell camera at around $2-300. I'd even pay 500 if it uses a great low light sensor.