Doorbell camera with phone app and no subscription?

EvanVanVan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are there any good options that have the convenience and simplicity of a Ring doorbell but without the annual subscription? And preferably with as good of privacy features as can be hoped for given the product?

Or should I just give in and get a Ring?

I have Dahua doorbell cam but without the dedicated monitoring station it doesn't really do anything useful. Also, I'm probably more comfortable giving a Ring access to my network than a Dahua camera lol.

Thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are there any good options that have the convenience and simplicity of a Ring doorbell but without the annual subscription? And preferably with as good of privacy features as can be hoped for given the product?

Or should I just give in and get a Ring?

I have Dahua doorbell cam but without the dedicated monitoring station it doesn't really do anything useful. Also, I'm probably more comfortable giving a Ring access to my network than a Dahua camera lol.

Thanks
Not much love on IPCT for Reolink but their doorbell is a different story: many users really like it. It's available in Wi-Fi or wired and NO cloud/subscription required.

elvisimprsntr

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ring doorbells are junk potato cameras.

I have 2 wired 2K and 1 wired 4K Lorex video doorbells. If you can wait, you can pick them up for half price during sales events. Local SD card recording and push notifications on a single device with two way talk.

Support for multiple simultaneous RTSP streams. I have the RTSP streams integrated with homebridge and other 3rd party IP camera apps.

Screenshot 2024-06-14 at 7.18.50 AM.png

The only downside is they don't support ONVIF and API is not public. I got around that by installing a passive AC current sensing relay on my doorbell transformer and wired it up to my security panel.

61aEp6vWWJL._SL1001_.jpg

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The Reolink can connect via RTSP or RTMP and has a main stream or a sub stream. It is furnished with a plug-in, configurable (ringtones, volume) chime or can operate existing chimes as show in this YT video:

Reaction score
dahua DHI-VTO2311R-WP that has poe and wifi connection capabilities. The poe port to connect it directly to the nvr. No VTH/monitor. I think you can program it to use the poe port and the wifi at the same time....not sure. It "i think" can also be used like a doorbell to ring an existing chime. not necessary to set up the sip server.

Wish i could give more details but i was doing something else while tech support helped set it up at an entrence gate. So while it's not located at the door the poe port is on a closed network via fiber media converter to nvr nic as the nvr has no built in poe ports. VTO_Series_UsersManual_V1_0_2.jpg

MTL4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I looked at both Lorex and Reolink but ultimately went with Reolink due to the wired POE and Blue Iris integration.

EvanVanVan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions.. I might be going with a Reolink. I ran cat6 for 5 security cameras while the house was under construction but didn't wire cat6 to the doorbell so I like that Reolink has a wifi option.