DoorDash Driver Dings Door Delivering Dinner

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The DoorDash driver delivered the meal, tried to open the damaged door which wouldn't open, and then drove off to the next delivery. The pickup doesn't even have a scratch. We've got a city ordinance that says you can't park within three feet of the driveway, so the DoorDash driver would have been 100% at fault if the police had been called.

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I like how the DDD looked at his car, then continued on to deliver the food. Now that is dedication!
The DD driver obviously didn't give an F where he parked. However, from his perspective he might not have realized that the passenger side of his car was smashed in. In other words, he heard a sound, looked back, but didn't notice anything strange on the driver's side of his car.

One other thought ... maybe it's not his car. Thus, he didn't care about any damage to it.

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A similar thing almost happened to me.

One day I was backing out of my two car garage. There was no other vehicle parked in the second half of the driveway when I started. Then, suddenly my peripheral vision saw a strange car sitting in the other half of my driveway. My reaction was WTF, where did you come from? It scared the heck out of me, and he had the look of fright on his face also.

The other car owner had decided to use my driveway so that he could turn around, and pulled in while I was backing out. Fortunately, I was backing out straight otherwise I definitely would have hit his car.

From then on I never assume some idiot won't pull into my driveway when I'm backing out.

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
We've got a city ordinance that says you can't park within three feet of the driveway, so the DoorDash driver would have been 100% at fault if the police had been called.
What is the definition of "park"? Would it still be "parked" if the door dash driver merely stopped (left the car running, etc.) It IS just a dash after all. :)

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
1, the dasherdoor guy is an idiot parking in front of someones driveway. 2) The pickup driver must not have looked in the rearview or side mirrors. Also, I thought all modern cars/trucks had parking sensors at a minimum, as well backup cameras?
3) Police drove by right as the dasherdoor guy parked in front of the driveway.

Dasherdoor guy is at fault, though the pickup driver needs a lot more awareness of their surroundings.

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
1, the dasherdoor guy is an idiot parking in front of someones driveway. 2) The pickup driver must not have looked in the rearview or side mirrors. Also, I thought all modern cars/trucks had parking sensors at a minimum, as well backup cameras?
3) Police drove by right as the dasherdoor guy parked in front of the driveway.

Dasherdoor guy is at fault, though the pickup driver needs a lot more awareness of their surroundings.
The Lubbock Police Department doesn't get involved when a vehicle is blocking or obstructing a driveway unless contacted.