Dressed up my F-150's tailgate

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I love my F-150 but I love 'Old Glory' even more so I decided to respectfully display the RW&B on my truck's tailgate. I was going with chrome letters then at the last minute, went with these. I think it makes a plain white tailgate "pop".

F150_tailgate_RWB_1.jpg

While we're at it, here's a picture at the bottom with my 2021 Christmas present to myself installed, a grill / brush guard for the front. I totaled my 2017 Ford Escape on a big deer Christmas eve 2019 so I decided to be proactive with this F-150. It's a Luverne Prowlex Max. Unlike most guards, it has a bar that extends down and around the fog lights. Man, this thing is built, 2" steel tubing. The mesh protects the grille also. It also incorporate new tow hooks at the bottom of its mounting brackets because you remove the original tow hooks to mount it....that way you still have front tow hooks!

I'm planning on a couple of LED lights for the front also.....a little here, a little there. A fixed income limits one from getting too carried away, all at once, ya know?

P.S. - How about the front tag? Not a stretch to say that I love our country's flag....almost as much as my country. :headbang:

IMG_2626.jpg

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I love my F-150 but I love 'Old Glory' even more so I decided to respectfully display the RW&B on my truck's tailgate. I was going with chrome letters then at the last minute, went with these. I think it makes a plain white tailgate "pop".

View attachment 124534

While we're at it, here's a picture at the bottom with my 2021 Christmas present to myself installed, a grill / brush guard for the front. I totaled my 2017 Ford Escape on a big deer Christmas eve 2019 so I decided to be proactive with this F-150. It's a Luverne Prowlex Max. Unlike most guards, it has a bar that extends down and around the fog lights. Man, this thing is built, 2" steel tubing. The mesh protects the grille also. It also incorporate new tow hooks at the bottom of its mounting brackets because you remove the original tow hooks to mount it....that way you still have front tow hooks!

I'm planning on a couple of LED lights for the front also.....a little here, a little there. A fixed income limits one from getting too carried away, all at once, ya know?

P.S. - How about the front tag? Not a stretch to say that I love our country's flag....almost as much as my country. :headbang:

View attachment 124535
Nice RIg. No problem with herding now :)

In Texas we have to have our front Plates installed too.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I love how that punk is victory moving his arm like he is so excited he scored this vehicle before he broke into it.

That flash bang is awesome - we need someone here to figure out how to set that up!

Of course the perps attorney will say any injuries as a result of this are pre-meditated...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Of course the perps attorney will say any injuries as a result of this are pre-meditated...
And it's "entrapment".....I can also hear the perp's attorney:
"The truck owner should not have legally parked a valuable asset at the curb of a public roadway as he did, tempting the disadvantaged, deprived youth to commit such an act...and the owner of said truck should be charged with soliciting the commission of a crime."
Gimme a break. :facepalm:

Lawnboy1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

View attachment 124534

View attachment 124535
Very nice! The 64 million dollar question is, Did you get the Deer? Surely there's some deer sausage and a least a roast in the freezer, right?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Very nice! The 64 million dollar question is, Did you get the Deer? Surely there's some deer sausage and a least a roast in the freezer, right?
Poor thing got up, stumbled and by the time I got unbuckled, gathered my thoughts and made it out of the car, forcing the door open against where the left front fender was binding against the door near the hinge point, he had made it into the woods. Honestly, I felt bad for the buck, hoping he didn't have to suffer long in that condition.

Lawnboy1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Poor thing got up, stumbled and by the time I got unbuckled, gathered my thoughts and made it out of the car, forcing the door open against where the left front fender was binding against the door near the hinge point, he had made it into the woods. Honestly, I felt bad for the buck, hoping he didn't have to suffer long in that condition.
Worse than that, the second you would have put it on your truck a Game Warden would have magically appeared! It'd be like one dropped out of the sky. :idk:

Reaction score
My worst year deer hunting was this. Using a 7mm Remington mag, I lined up a longe range shot and when the deer went down, I thought great! When I got up close, there was a second deer behind it, also dropped. One bullet, two deer. So, do I go for poaching or waste of game?

I put both in my truck and went in search of a game warden. I explained what had happened and I think because I sought him out, he was lenient on me. He allowed me to take both home instead of confiscating one and donating it because we were in the middle of the Ruby mountains in the middle of nowhere.

As I was nearly home, I hit a deer with my front brush guard knocking it down and out. I could see that it wouldn’t make it so I dispatched it and put it in my truck.

It was now 2 in the morning and I had 3 deer roped up and hanging from a beam in my garage and my truck across the road. Needed the truck to lift the deer.

Here comes my sargent. Rut ro. He asked, I explained and gave half of the last one to a local non profit. Anyway, ended up with 3 back straps that year.

Lawnboy1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My worst year deer hunting was this. Using a 7mm Remington mag, I lined up a longe range shot and when the deer went down, I thought great! When I got up close, there was a second deer behind it, also dropped. One bullet, two deer. So, do I go for poaching or waste of game?

I put both in my truck and went in search of a game warden. I explained what had happened and I think because I sought him out, he was lenient on me. He allowed me to take both home instead of confiscating one and donating it because we were in the middle of the Ruby mountains in the middle of nowhere.

As I was nearly home, I hit a deer with my front brush guard knocking it down and out. I could see that it wouldn’t make it so I dispatched it and put it in my truck.

It was now 2 in the morning and I had 3 deer roped up and hanging from a beam in my garage and my truck across the road. Needed the truck to lift the deer.

Here comes my sargent. Rut ro. He asked, I explained and gave half of the last one to a local non profit. Anyway, ended up with 3 back straps that year.
Oh lawd! Three back straps?!!