Dropping to demo mode

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We had a rental property with blueiris running during construction and before the renters moved in. Fast forward to this week the renters wanted the cameras working again. So we sold them the pc with bi installed. They bought the key from bi and i updated the computer with it as well as updated bi. Now daily the blueiris keeps showing blue iris evaluation version on all the cams. When i go in to the license its blank. I reenter the license and it works again until the next day.

I have removed blueiris totally and reinstalled and i still have the same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How long ago with BI purchased? After a year, you can only get updates if you renew for around $30, but you can update up to any version up to the date of expiration.

Many folks here run on an older stable version for their system, so running the latest update isn't necessary.

If the old BI was installed and they then installed another version, the original had to be de-registered.

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How long ago with BI purchased? After a year, you can only get updates if you renew for around $30, but you can update up to any version up to the date of expiration.

Many folks here run on an older stable version for their system, so running the latest update isn't necessary.

If the old BI was installed and they then installed another version, the original had to be de-registered.
I did. I deregistered our old bi. But i installed there key on the bi. It was purchased last week.

Reaction score
Does the BI PC have access to the internet? I believe for the license to activate on the software, it needs to contact the vendor at that time. Once it is verified, I believe then you no longer need internet access.

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does the BI PC have access to the internet? I believe for the license to activate on the software, it needs to contact the vendor at that time. Once it is verified, I believe then you no longer need internet access.
It does have access.

I still havent heard anything from blueiris support.