Drug Overdose Deaths...

Reaction score
I have always hated illegal drugs. I really don't care what grown people do to themselves....smoke crack until your brains drip out of your ears...thinning the herd in a way I suppose. BUT my beef with it is that it always in one form or another, rears its ugly head to the children. THAT is my problem with them.
Do I agree with legalizing illegal drugs? Hell no, and I never will. The discussion of the medical community flooding the population with pain killers flows along with this as well. Do I have an answer for it? Nope, because as long as idiots WANT IT AND DESIRE IT, IT WILL BE AVAILABLE.

Supply and demand. I just have to wonder if this is in a way, is nature thinning the herd. IDK nor do I mean to have a lack of compassion towards this subject. There are many families that have lost loved ones to these drugs, including mine.

Where does it end?

1655392498943.png

Reaction score
Have you noticed that the "legalize drugs" crowd don't typically tell anyone that they also want to take away 2A rights of anyone who uses those drugs? That includes marijuana. There are people with medical marijuana cards (for "legal" use) who are unknowingly violating the federal firearms act....

1655394142039.png

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think narcan is a bad drug. I am a believer in thinning out the heard. Let them cull themselves.

I go quite often to a apartment complex that a good buddy owns. Most everyone in that complex is unemployed, it’s primarily section 8 dwellers. The unemployed are all drug users. A few weeks ago when I was there I was looking through cabinets in the “common” areas where they all seem to migrate to. The amount of narcan in those cupboards was amazing….
And in the instance of these particular dwellers, the only ones who shoot up are the unemployed living off section 8.
My buddy says the best tenants with no drama are the employed.

I say if you are stupid enough to take drugs and OD, then your time is over. I didn’t realize that there are now tests readily available for drug users to test their drugs for fentanyl before use. They all know what they are doing.

With all this indoctrination going on in the schools right now as to let it be ok for a boy to be a girl, a girl to be a boy and any of them to call themselves a dog. There will be even more rampant drug use in teens once they hit their teenage years.
Parents are no longer being parents and delicating the government schools to be parents. None of these future adults will know how to be adults and will be taking drugs to live in their fantasy land.

DesertRat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is the "trip" my nephew in-law took:
He was a hard working family man (wife and 2 boys) up into his mid thirties. He had a severe back injury, work related, when he was about 35. He was in excruciating pain 24/7. His doctor put him on oxy. Finally his doctor cut him off. Then he was able to find a doctor who would write prescriptions for as much oxy as he wanted. That doctor eventually wound up in prison. Then my nephew went to street drugs. Within 4 years of his injury, he was dead.

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm not going to disagree with any of this. Personally, I don't get very emotional about the stark facts about drug overdose because numbers don't elicit emotion, at least not in people with my nature.

That said, the drugs themselves aren't the problem, but a manifestation of deeper disease. It's living a meaningless life of despair. The (perpetually) unemployed have meaningless lives because we're meant to add value to our communities. Or, coming from the other direction, people who have not found meaning in life are unemployed, because what's the point? If nothing matters, why add value? There is no value to add when there is no truth.

Illegal drugs aren't the only way we escape from meaninglessness, but it's among the most damaging to our communities due to the need to feed the addiction and the lengths people possessed by addiction will subject themselves and their communities to in feeding that addiction.

I find it difficult to pity those that are cutting off catalytic converters to fuel another day of addiction, but they should be pitied nonetheless. They should make better choices, and should pay for their actions (and they will), but they are possessed by circumstances they clearly cannot overcome. I'm certainly not arguing that we go soft on crime or take drugs lightly; only that we could have been those people. I'm also arguing that in some sense we are those people, just with differing problems that manifest in differing dysfunctional ways. How fortunate are we to have problems that don't motivate us to be out in the rain at 1am cutting catalytic converters off cars? It's a miracle that we've found enough meaning and responsibility to keep us from being such wrecking balls to ourselves and society.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
My solution is going to sound harsh and many won't like it. But I'd help the addicts into rehab, then flood the market with poisoned drugs. If the chances of dying became so high it wasn't worth, the vast majority wouldn't risk it. Those addicted already would get rehabbed and hopefully would make a recovery with added incentive not to go back. Those who went back would die and the message of it not being worth it would be reinforced.

Ultimately, whilst ever people can take drugs and get away with it, they'll take drugs, Make it so the risk is so high it's not worth it, and most won't start in the 1st place and those who do will sort themselves out. Either way crime and drug fuelled behaviours will fall as addict numbers fall and organised crime will take a huge hit.