DS-1003KI Keyboard: You cant reach rs485 terminal block screws with screwdriver!

SammyD

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anybody ever bought one of these (Hikvision DS-1003KI Keyboard)? The screws on the rs485 terminal block need to be accessed by a screwdriver coming down from above - HOWEVER, the lip of the METAL chassis encroaches the top of the terminal block! Seems like an epic engineering failure! Am I missing something...?

Thanks,
SammyD

SammyD

n3wb
Reaction score
Never mind - I'm better now that my meds have taken effect. It turns out that there are "inserts" in the terminal blocks. The "inserts" can be removed and the wires inserted and screws accessed with screwdriver that way. Then the "inserts" can be plugged back into the terminal block. Not bad engineering after all!

Thanks,
SammyD

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thanks for following back up, if you'd never seen a terminal block plug before it'd be hard to realize that it was a plug..

we all have our moments, just the other day I ordered a pair of 1U units.. my brain expected to pull out a 2U bundle out of the box, but they had butted them end to end and wrapped them with cellophane so well I could not see that it was 2 individual units joined together... freaked the fuck out and thought they shorted me.. took a bunch of photos and a video, then unwrapped it and realized I shoulda had that 2nd cup of coffee before checking the mail.