DS-2CD2012-I and smb share problem

madmain

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi to everyone,
I have a nas and I configure a share where the cam store a video.
I upgrade to 5.2.0 version because it can use the smb share.

After configure the user to access the share and format the share the cam recognize a new path but when it try to write the share return to Uninitialized state.
Before to write the state is Normal.
The cam send me a mail with this error:
This is an automatically generated e-mail from your IPC.

EVENT TYPE: HDD 9 failure
EVENT TIME: 2014-09-28,20:27:06
IPC NAME: XXXXXX
IPC S/N: XXXXX

I try to reformat the share but the message is always the same.
I try to configure NSF share but nothing.
Also I try to downgrade to 5.0.5 but cam show a upload error message.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

PLGVIE

n3wb
Reaction score
Working well with two 2CD2012 (FW5.20, SMB):
Give each cam an username and a share on its own. Set quota per user (I gave them 64GB - mind the size, a share too big or too small is said to make problems like yours, but unfortunately I don't know the limits!)

HTH
Peter

madmain

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi PLGVIE,
sorry for my late.
I try to set your configuration bu the result was the same.
Is there a cam log that I try to read?

The cam, when formatting, writes it's forlder correctly (I saw data0, data1, data2), but after some minutes the cam was already in error and the filesystem is uninitialized

Thanks

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is how I got SMB/CIFS shares to work on hikvision firmware 5.1.2 and 5.2.0, currently running stable for a month or two with two cameras.

Drive 1: Put in a USB drive with 250 GB space, deleted everything off it
Drive 2: Made a 200 GB partition from another drive, made sure it also was deleted

Create a single folder in each hard drive, in the case of Drive 1 it's called DATA1, in the case of Drive 2 the subfolder is DATA2.

Create a user account within windows that has no permissions to anything at all.

Right-click each folder within the drives and set the folder to share for the user, with read/write. I did this for both accounts, with the same user account.

Go into each camera and specify my IP address, e.g. 192.168.1.100, and for folder it is \DATA1 or \DATA2. Then I put in the windows user account and the password.

This is working. Also you can--but don't need to--specify the percentage in each folder (on the camera itself) for pictures vs video. I'm running at 90% of the space for video at the moment.

Prior to following the above I had a hellacious time with incessant "uninitialized" from the hard drives. In one case it's because I tried to share a folder that was on another hard drive that was constantly changing its capacity. The camera hates this and wants its own partition. I have also read of people having issues with capacity more than 500 GB. You can make within windows itself several smaller partitions for a single drive if you want. This is under Computer > management > Disk management if i recall correctly and you can "shrink" a volume, which will kick off a new partition.

madmain

n3wb
Reaction score
After some configuration I follow your post and set quota on network disk for cam user, now the cam works fine.

Thanks a lot