ds- 2cd2032- i ch keep rebooting every 5-10 minute

gider

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there, just got my hivision kit from asia, and now...... i discover that all the 8 ds- 2cd2032- i randomly reboot them selfe every 5-10 min. realy annoying !!!
nvr beeps all the time , and blackholes in my sureillance system. (superman could between those rebootings plunder my hole house without being in my recordings)
it looks like a x-mas tree on my nvr screen ;-(
i tryed everything i know (in my power)
nvr reset, router reset, other utp kabel, direct power over adaptor, direct power and over http, ir led off, only power on the cam no utp !! and ....they still remain booting.
conclusion (in my power:) : its the software on the camera.
info:
chinees camera ds- 2cd2032- i,
only can choose englisch (not even chinees) ,
week day is in the overlay (red overlay) when set it in englisch and wen its saved in chinees
Firmware VersionV5.2.8 build 141231
Encoding VersionV5.0 build 140714
Device No.?

ist there a known solution? PLEASSSEEEE HELP

Thanks,
gider from the netherlands. (sorry for the badd grammar)

riri7707

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep, 5.2.5 is the only solution as 'phillip da' said ....
Happened to me too...

gider

n3wb
Reaction score
is it not a option to only fix the reboot problem?
my englisch is not so well, but if i read correct in other topics the user CBX knows how to fix this?
chinees in the http is not good for me, or can i downgrade tot 5,2,5 dan the patch the chinees http to englisch.
What is the best option? i dont know the difference between the 2,25 and the 2,28?
when i downgrade to 2.25 wil the ivms-4200 work in the 2.28 it says not compatible. (but thats not such a problem there are more nvr-software)
pffff , as i buy it from china the seller say: everything is ok, now i got a problem, dit i know this then i had order a europe set for $500 more .
the seller send me a zip. to downgrade but he did not tell that the englisch wil go to chinees. i wil wait for advice from this forum before i selfe try to downgrade (i am an computer noob not techical enough and afriad to destroy the cam)

gider.

riri7707

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
5.2.8 cannot work in English, as far as i know.
So you need to downgrade to 5.2.5, then patch the cam to have it 99% in English (day of week will still stay in Chineese if you use the OSD).

Other option is to go to CBX who will provide you a 100% English v 5.2.5

But I don't know yet if some one have 5.2.8 full working in English ...

If any one have other better and easy solution, you are welcome ...

gider

n3wb
Reaction score
i dont know wath you mean with "working in englisch", but my cams are 5.2.8 and the http is in englisch only the week day (and the help page is in chinees.)
so if the reboot problem could be solved i am sadisfied.

gider.

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Install Google Chrome and start the cameras Web Interface inside Google Chrome. Log into cameras than right click anywhere on screen apart from the footage and chose Translate to English. This will rectify the issue with the Chinese Language. It's what I am doing with one of my cameras that I've had to downgrade because of the rebooting issue.

CBX does have a fix, but his not helping people anymore. I been looking for a reliable English Version of 5.2.5 with no luck.

riri7707

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What I'm saying : I never saw a cam 5.2.8 multilanguage working without rebooting every 5 min.
Conclusion 5.2.8 only works correctly in Chineese, that's it...
But maybe some one found a way to having it working without the need to downgrade to 5.2.5 ?
Personally, CBX fixed my cam with 5.2.8, but Chineese only, not any other language available for this release.
Most of the Chineese providers supply original 5.2.8 downgraded to 5.2.5...

The ones who sends cams with 5.2.8 multilanguage, simply doesn't work and need a fix

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
5.2.8 cannot work in English, as far as i know.
So you need to downgrade to 5.2.5, then patch the cam to have it 99% in English (day of week will still stay in Chineese if you use the OSD).

Other option is to go to CBX who will provide you a 100% English v 5.2.5

But I don't know yet if some one have 5.2.8 full working in English ...

If any one have other better and easy solution, you are welcome ...
I have asked CBX a few times now for help and has refused all my requests for a english version of 5.2.5.

I was lucky enough to have had a couple of my cameras upgraded to his No region code firmware, before all the dramas started and he stopped providing the fix, because of the drama,

I've since purchased more cameras from China and they mostly arrived with 5.2.8 with the rebooting issue. The only way I could get these cameras to work was to downgrade to 5.2.5, but as your aware you loose the English version.

I asked CBX 3 times in 3 separate emails and his refused to help me. Which has somewhat surprised me, considering I've spent some money in the past for his region code firmwares.

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
CBX has contacted me in regards to my issues, and is looking into why his not replied to me in regards to English 5.2.5 Firmware. I mentioned that it was 3 emails I had sent, but I think it might have been through another email and not my regular email. he possibly did not recognize this email and chosen to ignore it, as my main email address does not work on my phone as it should, I have to use a gmail account to send emails through my phone.

I'm presuming this might have been the issues. I will wait and see what he says.

But to be honest I was a bit pissed off with him when he did not offer to me the English Firmware, particularly since I am a past customer of his.

Getting back to topic, In regards to my solution with the Google Chrome, which someone here on the forum was kind enough to let me know about, when I asked for help. I'm doing this with the Chinese 5.2.5 firmware not the 5.2.8 firmware. I could never get that 5.2.8 firmware to work.

I contacted my seller when I first encountered this issue and he got me to try many steps and came to the conclusion that it's a faulty cameras, so he promptly sent me a replacement camera and it arrived with the exact same issues, this is when i found out about the Rebooting issues with 5.2.8 here on this forum. I informed my seller, he didn't know about this and to be honest I don't think he believed me, as I've heard his still sending 5.2.8 cameras overseas.

I purchased 5 more cameras of him last week, and asked to downgrade to 5.2.5 for me, He said he will downgrade to English Version 5.2.5 for me, I will know shortly because the cameras are only a couple hours away. I think his starting to believe me now with the firmware issues overseas.

rocknro11

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have this same problem. I have over 12 of these cams just ordered in and all with firmware version 5.2.8

Drop in and out, randomly every 2 - 5 mins

Need to download and downgrade the firmware to 5.2.5 please, can you treat me really dumb and basic and please give me a step by step to get this firmware down to 5.2.5 including links to downloads etc.

I keep hearing about this CBX? no idea who or what this is, but please point me in right direction and again treat me super dumb.

Thank you very much. :)

gider

n3wb
Reaction score
my seller has send me a tool to downgrade to 5.2.5 its a chinees firmware but at least the rebooting is gone and when i acces the http with chrome i can translate it to englisch. better then rebooting every 5 minuts or learning chinees ;-)

England

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have the same problem!!! I have purchase 4 Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I and 1 Hikvision DS-2CD2232-I5, the fw is the v5.2.8 and after 2-5 minutes the camera reboot randomly!!!
What is the correct solution to resolve this issue??? Install the v5.2.5 fw?

gider

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have the same problem!!! I have purchase 4 Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I and 1 Hikvision DS-2CD2232-I5, the fw is the v5.2.8 and after 2-5 minutes the camera reboot randomly!!!
What is the correct solution to resolve this issue??? Install the v5.2.5 fw?
Yep, downgrade to 5.2.5 and the rebooting is gone, only then the menu is in chinees ;-*

catseyenu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'd like to know which vendor is sending out these cameras with the crap firmware.
/Name & shame

gider

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd like to know which vendor is sending out these cameras with the crap firmware.
/Name & shame
I think he did not know this, else he had fix this problem and downgrade them. so no name. if in next order its again crap ill tel you :)

Gider.

gider

n3wb
Reaction score
But why is not present the english language?!? Its impossibile!!!
easy solution = install google chrome and open your ipcam menu, then rightmouse (on empty place) - select :translate this page ( to engels or italian) ;-)

Gider.

olli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Please tell the name of seller. So that others could avoid that seller. Thanks.

gider

n3wb
Reaction score
Please tell the name of seller. So that others could avoid that seller. Thanks.
I realy think that seller did not know that the 5.2.8 had the rebooting problems, his ratings are 100% , he supported me with all the necessary software and comunication to fix this problem. if you order a "illigally" product and its not 100% then its your selve to blame and not the provider. take your loose and fix it your selfe. or order a original regio (expensive) ipcam from your own country, then you can complain to the seller if its not ok. :)

Gider.

in the netherlands we say : if you play with fire you must not whine when you must sit on blisters