DS-2CD2032-I dropped frames and high loadavg

SergeiF

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have recently purchased DS-2CD2032-I (international version).
The camera works OK most of the time except a major problem: it drops packets/frames.
I have wrote my own motion detection/recording scripts based on OpenCV, it launches ffmpeg once motion is detected in the area of interest.
The problem with this camera is that it drops frames, using TCP solves this problem but not 100%.
I have noticed that the camera starts dropping frames once loadavg on the camera reaches 8. From initial boot up the loadavg sits at 4 (which is very high to start with in my opinion).
Most of the CPU is consumed by /home/davinci process.
Once I reboot the camera stabilizes for about 24-48 Hours. I have found no pattern or cause why loadavg would climb up.

The errors look like this:

Code:
[h264 @ 0x20fdd20] error while decoding MB 71 13, bytestream -22 
[h264 @ 0x20fdd20] concealing 6578 DC, 6578 AC, 6578 MV errors in I frame 
[h264 @ 0x20fd4a0] Cannot use next picture in error concealment 
[h264 @ 0x20fdd20] left block unavailable for requested intra4x4 mode -1 at 0 62 
[h264 @ 0x20fee20] cabac decode of qscale diff failed at 89 48 
I get similar errors if used with VLC.
The ping/mtr shows no actual packet loss.

The camera sits on new 1GigE 16 Port PoE switch (30W per port).
My aircam HD on the same switch gets no errors at all.

The firmware version is at 5.2.0.
I will try new firmware version as per this post http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php?1526-Raptor-2xxx-5-2-3.

Any other ideas what could be wrong?

P.S. I cannot upgrade the firmware in linux via web interface due to need of activeX plug-in :(. Does anyone know how to upgrade the firwmare via CLI? Otherwise I will have to borrow a windows machine....

SergeiF

n3wb
Reaction score
I have updated the firmware to v 5.2.3, this update changed language to Chinese (I am using javascript:chooseLanguage("en") temporary fix to navigate).
The Amazon seller lied about it being International version.

It looks like the loadavg still around 4, and no other changes...
Not sure if it had any effect on dropped frames.

What is the best value for money 1080p PoE Outdoor IP Camera with IR, at around $250 USD? Prefferably without ActiveX/Plugins requirement for web UI?