DS-2cd2032-I remote reset

ik2rgt

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello folks,
I mounted a 2CD2032I on my amateur radio antenna pole one month ago
The camera is powered via POE
Everything was ok since a couple of days ago when I lost the connection
Not able to see the camera ip in the LAN and also SADP don't detect the camera now
Of course the ethernet cable was mounted ok and the RJ45 connector outside was sealed with professional self amalgamating tape to avoid humidity and water could penetrate
First thing I tried was to disconnect and then reconnect the poe supply to see if the camera will be available again with no luck.

Is there a way to remotely "hard reset" the camera without climbing on the pole and push the button on the back of the camera?

Thanks, Emanuel

P.S.: in the following picture you can see the camera mounted on the pole, 20 mt above ground level
cam.JPG

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately no. Note that to reset the camera you need to disconnect power, hold the button then apply power while holding the button for 15-30 seconds...
Can you ping the camera at all? Can you see the ir light turn on at night?

ik2rgt

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately no. Note that to reset the camera you need to disconnect power, hold the button then apply power while holding the button for 15-30 seconds...
Can you ping the camera at all? Can you see the ir light turn on at night?
Thanks Fender,
I will try to ping the camera and let you know; for the IR light it's very hard to see because it's 20 meters high
Emanuel

Korgoth

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks Fender,
I will try to ping the camera and let you know; for the IR light it's very hard to see because it's 20 meters high
Emanuel
Use your cell phone camera to check IR, you should be able to see red glow/flares.

User019

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you found a solution? I have simmilar problem and i'm lookig for solution for remote reset