DS-2CD2032-I uptime

lacibaci

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have you guys had any problems with DS-2CD2032-I staying up for a long time?
What is your longest uptime?

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
49 days

Sure people have longer - I just had to shut down power to fit a new power socket somewhere :)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I only have one Hikvision camera that needs an occasional reboot, so naturally it is the only one plugged in to an unmanaged switch that I can't reboot. Fortunately it comes back on its own after a day or two.

lacibaci

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok. A little over 49 days would make sense. It seems like there is something overflowing in the software.
It just happens that unsigned long can hold number of milliseconds for about 49 days...
I will set a watch dog and will know for sure (in 49 days :)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok. A little over 49 days would make sense. It seems like there is something overflowing in the software.
It just happens that unsigned long can hold number of milliseconds for about 49 days...
I will set a watch dog and will know for sure (in 49 days :)
You mean an unsigned 32 bit integer. "long" means different things depending on the language, the compiler, etc. Like in C# and Java a long is 64 bit.

lacibaci

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You mean an unsigned 32 bit integer. "long" means different things depending on the language, the compiler, etc. Like in C# and Java a long is 64 bit.
Right unsigned int. I got four cameras that mysteriously froze within minutes of each other in the order they were plugged in... Just happened that a little over a month ago I replaced the POE switch. I setup a watch dog (Ubiquiti TS-8-PRO switch) to bounce the power if it doesn't get reply.

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No no - 49 days is just the current for my cams (more than one). It would be longer except I had to shutdown power to do some unrelated electrical work.

Today it will tick over the 50 day mark etc.

lacibaci

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No no - 49 days is just the current for my cams (more than one). It would be longer except I had to shutdown power to do some unrelated electrical work.

Today it will tick over the 50 day mark etc.
Maybe I have the "49 day" special ones :) I'll keep an eye on this and report later.