Ds-2cd2032-i

tate16t

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I recent setup my DVR (7608 Hiks) and connected my DS-2CD2032-I.

I basically plugged the camera in and it recognized it. I can record via the console while directly connected to the NVR however when using iVMS I cannot. Is there any specific configuration required on the camera?

How do I connect directly to the camera to manually make changes?

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
How do I connect directly to the camera to manually make changes?
Use your favourite browser (works best with IE) to connect to the camera's IP address. You will be prompted to download and install the ActiveX 'Webcomponent' which provides the Live View video stream, and has a role in setting and saving configuration items.

Is there any specific configuration required on the camera?
Mainly just the details of how you want to do motion detection, fine tuning the image, frame rate and bit rate etc.
The actual recording schedule and what triggers it is configured in the NVR. Again very accessible via your browser.

tate16t

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Use your favourite browser (works best with IE) to connect to the camera's IP address. You will be prompted to download and install the ActiveX 'Webcomponent' which provides the Live View video stream, and has a role in setting and saving configuration items.
i believe I tried this but was not successful. I could not ping the IP associated with my camera either. Does IE only work?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Chrome works as well, however:
Google have finally activated some additional security restrictions on chrome plugins.
http://chrome.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05...malicious.html
From Google Chrome v42, Google have disabled NPAPI in default.
So you will not able to use live view and playback.
Try this and see if it works:

Enter the address "chrome://flags/" in your browseer and find the option to enable NPAPI.
Then restart your browser to use live view.

In September comes another lockdown:
http://blog.chromium.org/2014/11/the...for-npapi.html
But - and I should have asked - is your NVR a 7608 'P' model, and are you plugging the camera into an NVR PoE port?
If so, the camera is not easily accessible from your LAN as it's on a separate IP address range, by default 192.168.254.x
You may have the 'Virtual Host' feature, enabled under 'Network config, Advanced settings' in which case there will be a column of links under 'Camera Management'.
What was the IP address of the camera?

tate16t

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
But - and I should have asked - is your NVR a 7608 'P' model, and are you plugging the camera into an NVR PoE port?
If so, the camera is not easily accessible from your LAN as it's on a separate IP address range, by default 192.168.254.x
You may have the 'Virtual Host' feature, enabled under 'Network config, Advanced settings' in which case there will be a column of links under 'Camera Management'.
What was the IP address of the camera?
DS-7608NI-E2/8P

I don't see the Virtual Host feature. Should I be looking within the iVMS software?

When I type the IP address in any browser I get;

This webpage is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score