DS-2CD2032F-I bricked for good?

aisepos

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I successfully updated my CD2xx2 cameras to V5.3.0 build150513 except one: HIK DS-2CD2032F-I. All the cams were bought from ebay with the multi-language package.
I performed the update via WEB GUI for each cam. After the successful update message, the camera rebooted as the rest, but it was not reachable anymore via web, neither visible in SADP.
I read a great amount of threads on the subjects and tried many solutions suggested there, but no luck.
While having the ping set to -t, I observed a cycling process, like the cam was restarting over and over again. Please see the attached pic.
Do you have any suggestions, beside trashing the cam? :sad:

Thanks in advance,
Pal

Attachments

aisepos

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks a lot. The firewall was giving me headaches :sick:

My cam has V5.3.0 150513 sticker on it and worked with multi-language package. When I upgrade it to 150814 it got bricked. (wouldn't do it if I knew)
Do I understand well that I have to stick now with V5.2.5 or there is a workaround to upgrade to V5.3.0 150814?

Thank you indeed

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What version did you have on before? v5.2.5 I think, the sticker doesn't mean anything as your camera is Chinese.

What's wrong with v5.2.5? Later isn't better for Hikvision firmware. That should be their motto.

aisepos

n3wb
Reaction score
I am not sure, but the other cameras were bought from the same supplier and they had 5.3.0 as stated on the sticker.
:) Honestly I don't know. I just saw a lot of "improvements" in the release note.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
"Lot of improvements" plural? I guess you updated because of the one issue below then? Seeing as that's the only improvement.

--------------
Updates:

1. Fixed the gateway issue.
-------------

Please let this be a warning to anyone blindly updating their Chinese sourced or Chinese model Hikvision cameras. It's not broken, so don't brick it.

If you want 5.3.0 then you will have to ask the seller. But why would you want it when you don't know why?

aisepos

n3wb
Reaction score
"Funny is" I am not the type of upgrading no matter what, rather leave it like that if it works.
I had a moment of "weakness" ...
So, indeed , stay away from upgrades if your equipment works fine. Cost me a day to revers the process.

Thanks a lot Del Boy for your advice.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
btw, the 'cycling' observed in the first post is most likely due to a direct connection between the PC (set up at 192.0.0.128 for tftp)
and the camera (with no switch in between.) Without a switch, the PC thinks there's no network and continuously cycles the LAN port.
It's the PC dropping and reconnecting to the Ethernet, not the camera rebooting.
kinda dumb, but that's why it's recommended to use a switch.
(the one on your multi-port router will work even tho the router may be
configured for a different L3-network aka, IP subnet. switches operate at L2...)