DS-2CD2032F issues

Reaction score
I have Two DS-2CD2032F cameras, they are awesome so far!

Okay so heres the problem. . .

both connected via POE 10/100/1000 switch .

5 weeks after install one died, stopped responding, i contacted the seller, they replaced it no problem. .

now at 8weeks, the 2nd camera has stopped responding. . bam no warning nothing. any ideas what is causing this? is it normal? any suggestions on how to recover the camera?

Thanks in advance!!!
Zach

MaxIcon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A lot depends on how dead they are. Are they still responding to pings, or talking to the switch? It's possible your switch is killing them due to POE problems - rare, but not unheard of. Also, they could be from the same production run with a batch of bad components that are failing early. If the serial numbers are close together, this is possible.

A few checks:
- Do they start up at all? The IR should flash briefly shortly after plugging in. Also, the data LED on the switch should blink a few times, pause, blink a few times, and repeat this for about a minute before starting to blink steadily. If one's working still, you can use this as a reference for the startup sequence.
- Can you ping them, or discover them with the Hik utility, even if they don't display video?
- Will they run on 12Vdc? I have a cam that the POE died on, but it works fine on 12V.
- Does swapping cables or going to shorter cables make a difference?

Reaction score
so, I pulled the ethernet this morning from the switch thinking it would cycle the power and they would come up. . .

However, just walked in the door, power cycled the TPlink POE switch. . . the cameras came right up. . . :-/

MaxIcon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I haven't heard much about the TPLink switches failing, but you may have a bad one. If you keep having problems, that would be the next step.