DS-2CD2032F-IW & Motion Area Designation

djmt99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just picked up a DS-2CD2032F-IW to test out and play around with before going nuts with this brand. I'm trying to set the motion area, but notice is can't be done pixel-by-pixel. I can only click and drag to select a certain square, and that usually ends up doing multiple squares, if any at all. In other words, sometimes nothing gets selected. I've also found that I can "undo" a certain pixel or pixels if I happen to inadvertently select one.

I'm finding all of this a little nerve racking, especially if you're trying to be specific about the areas. Is this how it's supposed to operate, or am I just missing something?

FWIW, I'm probably going to go with 4mp's, and even then, I'll probably go dome or turret, as I've had spider issues in the past. I don't do these installs every day, but I do want it done right when I do them! In any event, I'm assuming that the software in each camera, whether it be a bullet, turret or dome, would be fairly the same across each version. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Joe

vegeta

n3wb
Reaction score
I feel your pain. I just got my cam and "drawing" detection area is a pain. I like how synology solved it where you can choose "pixel by pixel". However I am testing hikvision's build in motion detection just to see if its any better than Syno