DS-2CD2042WD can't see on NVR

rustbelt

n3wb
Reaction score
So I have a few of theses DS-2CD2042WD cams and hooked them up to the NVR and had then all working then started to run wires and lay out the system, did a factory reset on the NVR and now the cams can't seem to get picked up, its a plug n play Hikvision DS-7716NI-SP/16, I have done the whole hold down the reset button while plugging in for 10 seconds all the way to 30 seconds, but cams just are not getting picked up, can't see them with SADP only poe is the NVR might have to get a power cord to power cams one at time and see if I can see them on the LAN, any ideas what I'm missing here, just can't be this hard to reset them back to factory or maybe it is..:sad2:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Suggestion to try: In the NVR web GUI, pick one of the PoE ports, note down the IP address that's been allocated.
If you connect your PC Ethernet cable to a spare PoE port, SADP should be able to see the cameras and the NVR and allow you to see the state of play.
To do this you don't need to change the network settings of the PC.
Check out the IP address of the camera on the PoE port you reviewed on the NVR.
If it differs from what was noted down, change it to match.
Connect the PC back to the LAN, access the NVR web GUI and see if the camera now shows.
If not - change the mode of the PoE channel to 'Manual', apply the camera admin password, click OK and check if it shows in Live View.

rustbelt

n3wb
Reaction score
Suggestion to try: In the NVR web GUI, pick one of the PoE ports, note down the IP address that's been allocated.
If you connect your PC Ethernet cable to a spare PoE port, SADP should be able to see the cameras and the NVR and allow you to see the state of play.
To do this you don't need to change the network settings of the PC.
Check out the IP address of the camera on the PoE port you reviewed on the NVR.
If it differs from what was noted down, change it to match.
Connect the PC back to the LAN, access the NVR web GUI and see if the camera now shows.
If not - change the mode of the PoE channel to 'Manual', apply the camera admin password, click OK and check if it shows in Live View.
Thanks for the info did what you said with the laptop hooked to the NVR was able to see the ip couldn't change anything kept getting error message, so used another thread hitting NVR with laptop. I used laptop threw NVR to hit the cameras once inside the cameras I enabled the DHCP then cams reboot and the NVR picked them up and assigned the IPs and where back up and rolling I had to use the SADP to see what the cams Ips where then went back and changed tcpi settings to be able to use laptop to hit the web gui..Thanks