DS-2CD2042WD-I Capture Mode enabled

domelsnake

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just a question as I'm getting bot confused here - does anyone know what is the Capture Mode for within Image --> Video Adjustment ??

I have enabled it recently (2560*1440@25fps) and the resolution of my camera dropped to 1920*1080P = 2MP rather that 2688*1520 = 4MP but the NVR still shows I'm recording in 4MP...

Also can the Video settings be different on the camera and NVR or as soon as you change something on the camera it should automatically change itself in NVR?

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
appreciate you posted this a while ago Domelsnake but i have found exactly same and i still have no idea what capture mode is

i have an inclining if its off you do not get images sent via email but both settings if true send the same image size and res so i am not entirely sure i am correct and why the capture mode affects the cameras output res is a mystery

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
Aha, after all this time i think i have found it

SOME cameras have on board storage ( SD card ) enable capture mode allows capture on the camera storage of still images

on the camera check the bottom setting ( storage ) there you can find capture schedule and capture parameters but why this affects the cameras overall ability to go into 4meg full res i still dont know