DS-2CD2042WD-I Update Issue?

SBBcarl

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently updated a few of my cameras to the 5.4.5 (Baseline Firmware_IPC_En_V5.4.5 170124(2X12FWD,2X22FWD,2X42FWD,2X52F)) that I found on Hikvision Europe's download portal. The install went fine and everything appears as normal.

The issue I am running into however is when I double click on a camera from the NVR to open it in full screen or try to view them in a multi screen (1+5), it loses signal and my TV goes to "No Input".

I am still able to connect from the web ui at this point. It looks like when this happens, it is logging me out of the NVR but doesnt show that anything "failed".

Anyone have any ideas? If not, can anyone point me to a way to downgrade? The cameras I bought are 5.4.0 international upgradable firmware. Bought on Amazon, had no issues with them but just wanted to keep up to date for security reason - bad move i suppose.

I am using an NVR from this company - arcdyn.com. It is apparently made in the same factory as Hikvision products, just re branded.

I have attached the firmware version of the NVR if it helps at all. The "Check for Upgrade" says everything is up to date on the NVR it self. Just not sure what to do about the cams now.

Attachments

SBBcarl

n3wb
Reaction score
Turns out since I am using an HDMI switch between the NVR and TV, there is some type of issue when its changing resolution or something to full screen causing it to lose signal. No issue with the firmware at all thus far. Phew..