DS-2CD2087G2-LU third stream

Raby

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all
I have 2 cameras HIKVISION DS-2CD2087G2-LU , one with "C" on the box and one without , the one with "C" was manufactured earlier
the one With "C" supports third stream , I am on firmware version V5.5.801 build 211105 (it is a G3 firmware)
while with non "C" version , I am on the latest firmware for G5 V5.7.3 build 220112

"C" version has third stream , and non "C" version has only main and sub streams

it is the same model , maybe different hardware, but still , specs say that I should have 3rd stream.
from searching the forum I found some talk about G3 and G5 , but could not get a clear idea of what is the difference.

so how can I get 3rd stream on non "C" version with FW V5.7.3 build 220112 ??

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From memory you may need to change the camera VCA resource setting operation to "monitoring".

Once set, reboot the camera and the third stream will become available. The drawback is that you will lose some smart events since the camera's processor shifts its workload to other functions.

Raby

n3wb
Reaction score
From memory you may need to change the camera VCA resource setting operation to "monitoring".

Once set, reboot the camera and the third stream will become available. The drawback is that you will lose some smart events since the camera's processor shifts its workload to other functions.
thanks , indeed , it works
for future reference , this settings is found under system->system settings->VCA Resources