DS-2CD2087G2-LU weird issue

wesk18

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
One of my Poe cameras started to have this weird issue, it won’t power on with my nvr, ports are fine with other cameras, checking Poe settings through nvr’s menu it gives me resistance too high, I discovered the only way to make it work is by unscrewing the mounting screw (see attachment) or if I take it off from mount, once the camera turns on then I can tighten that screw camera works fine after that, but if I reboot the nvr or unplug the network cable my camera won’t turn back on. I plugged that same cable into my Linksys Poe Switch without any issues. The camera is mounted on a stucco wall, what could be the culprit? Mount or screw causing shorts? The only thing I can think of is the mount is causing this or the extension is no good, when we ran cat6 I didn’t notice my stepdad pulled the cat6 back and didn’t leave any slack, so now I have to use an extension, I made about afoot, one end has a keystone and the other end a modular plug on cat6. Should I get a Poe tester? Any input will be much appreciated.

4x Camera: DS-2CD2087G2-LU
NVR: DS-7608NI-I2/8P

poe.png

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
when we ran cat6 I didn’t notice my stepdad pulled the cat6 back and didn’t leave any slack, so now I have to use an extension, I made about afoot, one end has a keystone and the other end a modular plug on cat6.
That may not be helping. Can you swap it with another camera to see if anything changes?