DS-2CD2132-I video playback is sped up

bradg2

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a DS-2CD2132-I (bought from Aliexpress) connected to an Eyesurv Ion NVR from Nelly's. This setup also has 4 other Hik cameras, including one other 2CD2132-I.

When viewing the video from this particular camera (on my phone, in a web browser via IP, or the TV connect to the NVR) the video looks great and is real time. However, when I go back to view the video, it is like it is playing in fast-forward. It is sped up about 1.5x or 2x real time. Even the OSD time runs too fast. It's really weird. Non of my other cameras do this. I've tried changing all kinds of settings, including frame rate. I even did a factory reset 2 or 3 times.

Any ideas? There doesn't seem to be any missing frames or other glitches.

I tried to reinstall the firmware, and ran into as "language mismatch" error, so I gave up and came here. Do you think new firmware would help?

I can post a video clip from the camera if it helps.

Thanks,
Brad

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What's the firmware version in the new camera with the problem video, the older one that's working OK, and the firmware version and region and origin that you tried to install and gave a 'language mismatch'?
Did you try the install via the web GUI or via the TFTP method?

bradg2

n3wb
Reaction score
The camera that works (from a US seller on ebay) has "V5.1.6 build 140412," and the bad camera (from aliexpress) has "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]V5.0.0 130830"[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I got the firmware from a few different versions from different sites (I tried 3-4 different times,) one was from nelly's site I think, a few versions from HIK's FTP website, and another from a link here. (I think they were all english?) But I saw something about bricking Chinese cameras during firmware upgrades and got scared and stopped trying. Every time I tried was via the web GUI, I'm not familiar with the TFTP method.

Do you think a firmware upgrade will fix the issue?
Can you recommend a link the the Chinese firmware? (Will this still have an english language option?)

Thanks!
[/FONT]