DS-2CD2132F-I recording to NAS - Recording Fails

GSB1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have three DS-2CD2132F-I all on firmware 5.3.0 build 150814. These all record (events only, not continuous) to separate SMB shares on a NAS with quotas set. The shares are 800GB and 2 x 515GB, recording is set to overwrite.

All is well until for some reason the recordings on one or more cameras fail. The symptoms are that when I use any interface for playback, I see the recordings listed and the markers for the events, but playback fails. If I test the connectivity to the NAS, I get a write permission failure. Without doing anything else, if I format the NAS "drive" via the camera I am back to working again (for fresh recordings).

If possibly related the last time this occurred the 800GB quota share was 560GB used and one of the 515GB quota shares was 276GB used. The other 515GB quota share 248GB used and still working. To date, I don't think I have seen any of the shares reach the point of overwriting before I have had to reformat.

This is not an issue I can live with as obviously no recordings is a critical failure and it happens without warning.

Any ideas please?