DS-2CD2332-I Stuck in Ir Night Vision

Edlee

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a USA Retail Version of the DS-2CD2332-I, after about a week of being on, it does not come out of IR Cut mode (night Mode).

I tried flashing a strong light onto it, and lightly knocking on it, and it does not help.

The only way is unplugging it from the Hikvision NVR which has a built in POE Switch.

I have had the cameras since October 2015, and starting last month it only happened on one camera, and now it is happening on 4 of my 11 identical cameras.

Cameras are on firmware V5.3.0 build 150513, and hikvision DS-7616NI-E2 / 16P NVR is on V3.4.1 build 160114

Does anyone know if it is a defect or something a software upgrade can fix?

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
The methods I've heard people trying on this forum are tapping, which you have tried, and using a strong magnet. I'm sure others will chime in here with their experience.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What do the problem cameras show in their web GUI for
Advanced Configuration | Image | Switch Day and Night
and
Advanced Configuration | Image | Day/Night Switch
and if you change this to Day or Night does it have any effect?

Edlee

n3wb
Reaction score
How do I access the camera GUI though the NVR with built in POE that they are plugged into?

I just finished upgrading the NVR to V3.4.21 build 160630, and the cams to V5.4.0 build 160530

I know its a shot in the dark, i am hoping it will alleviate the IR cut problems

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
How do I access the camera GUI though the NVR with built in POE that they are plugged into?
It sounds like you haven't enabled the 'Virtual Host' facility of the NVR.
It's not the only way to access the cameras web GUI, but if your NVR has the feature, it's probably the easiest.
NVR web GUI
Configuration | Network | Advanced settings | Other tab | Enable Virtual Host checkbox
then the far right column of links in System | Camera Management.

I know its a shot in the dark, i am hoping it will alleviate the IR cut problems
Can so easily have really bad results too.

Edlee

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you, I wish i knew about that Virtual Host feature before I upgraded all the ipcams individually on another poe switch.

I will check out that Day/Night setting next time the problem occurs, and see if I can change manually

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Advanced Configuration | Image | Day/Night Switch
and if you change this to Day or Night does it have any effect?
If you do this during daytime, you will be able to confirm that the IR cut filter is able to be operated by the camera and that it is working normally, ie not stuck open or closed.

Edlee

n3wb
Reaction score
i know it works, the only time i see the problem is when the ir cut is on for long period of time, like 48 hour weekend, and then on monday morning, it does not turn off.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
the only time i see the problem is when the ir cut is on for long period of time, like 48 hour weekend,
So these cameras are used where it can be dark for extended periods?
Maybe it's just me but I assumed IR cut mode would be a daytime mode where IR is removed/filtered during daylight.