DS-2CD2342WD-I disassemble and adjust lens?

glg_99

n3wb
Reaction score
is it possible to disassemble a DS-2CD2342WD-I camera and adjust lens? i have a couple that are slightly out of focus.

KGT

n3wb
Reaction score
I have one like this too. DS-2CD2342WD-I. Is it possible to disassemble and correct the focus? Came from factory with very soft focus. I consider it unusable as it is.

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, you can adjust the focus. There is glue on the lens that will need to be scraped off in order to adjust it. I must have been lucky with the 4 I bought in January as the focus is spot on- what lens do you have on them?

PS: If they're under warranty why not return them?

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Okay, I was wondering if the focus problems were with the longer length lenses like the 6, 9 or 12mm. I've got the 2.8 and 4mm.

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I changed the lens in one of my DS-2CD2342WD-I cameras today. The factory glue was very hard to remove. I ended up scraping off as much as I could and then wrapped the lens in paper before grabbing it carefully with a pair of pliers(!) Be sure to hold the module by the lens mount if undoing it this way.

Luckily, it didn't take a lot of effort with the pliers.

h_2_o

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
those who have changed lenses are there any brands/sellers you would recommend over others. This looks neat enough to try out.

thanks