DS-2CD2342WD-I Password reset

Dendrobe

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Folks

I bought a Hikvision system back in 2016 and installed it and it is working fine.
At the time I bought an extra camera for possible use in the future.
When I went to use this camera it would not allow integration into the working system.
The dealer is uncontactable for support.
Contacting Hikvision on several occasions via email I received no replies. I later found out when I sent an xml file to one of their contractors that it was purchased from an unauthorized dealer (Ebay) and so they couldn't help me. What a copout.
I have attempted all the methods of resetting the device but to no avail.
I have used various versions of SADP from version 2 through to the 3.0.0.10 in conjunction with the Hikvision Camera Password Reset Utility but still no go.
To get the serial code from the reset utility, I even tried various combinations for the serial number and even used the date given by SADP start date without success.
Is there anyone out there that could assist I could provide an xml file if that would help.

Camera DS-2CD2342WD-I
Camera's software Version: V5.3.6 Build 151105

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Camera's software Version: V5.3.6 Build 151105
That version of firmware has the Hikvision 'backdoor vulnerability', so you should be able to extract the configuration file with no credentials.
Then it should be able to be decrypted and decoded to reveal the plaintext admin password.

With the camera powered up on the same LAN as the PC, and using the camera's actual IP address, issue this URL from the browser :
http://<camera_IP_address>/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK
This should extract a configuration file.

Then zip up the file, and attach here, and we can process it for you.

Manduku

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am manduku am new here,
possible you can extract my XML file attached?
Failing to reset my hik-vision DVR
Thank you

Attachments

Dendrobe

n3wb
Reaction score
Back again

Well I tried what you suggested and I kept getting something like "cannot access the site" not exactly those words.
Is this correct?
auth=YWRtaW46MTEK

I then set the IPv4 to 196.168.254.1
I got this screen which asked for username and password. Now I don't know where to go as I don't think this is the camera.pwrequired.PNG
Should I have set the default gateway?

Dendrobe

n3wb
Reaction score
Looking at the post it is not clear but I had a space between File and auth=TWRtaW46MTEK
is this correct?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking at the post it is not clear but I had a space between File and auth=TWRtaW46MTEK
is this correct?
There should be no spaces within the URL.
Try again with no space, best to copy/paste from the example in the post, then change the target IP address.
Also - if the Signin block appears - try just using admin but no password.

It may be that the firmware has has the backdoor fixed, in which case this method isn't going to work.

Dendrobe

n3wb
Reaction score
Alistair sorry for the confusion on my part.
Too much Australian sun, although down here there hasn't been that much.
Instead of thinking, I should have done EXACTLY what you wrote. After sleeping on it here it is below.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
You got there! Well done.
The configuration file shows a user=admin with password=Ti2H2rem for the camera HIKVISION DS-2CD2342WD-I - 562215220

Dendrobe

n3wb
Reaction score
I cannot thank you enough for the effort you put into, not just my problem but I see your name throughout the forum.
I presume I should update the camera to a newer and safer upgrade. Could you please point me to a suitable part of the forum where this is discussed.
I should mention that my problem was with the password, where I didn't capitalize where I should have in the initial use of the camera.

Had you been a local I would have offered you a token of my appreciation.
I have attached an e-version.
I read in the forum somewhere that your wife doesn't mind our Vegemite so there is something for you to share and something for her.
Thanks again in heaps.

Chris K

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have attached an e-version.
Perfect! Something to enjoy, many thanks.

Could you please point me to a suitable part of the forum where this is discussed.
I believe this set of firmware is a match for the DS-2CD2342WD-I
Download the firmware and unzip the digicap.dav file to a folder on the PC.

Access the camera web GUI, and in the System | Maintenance menu use the Firmware update buttons to browse for and apply the firmware.

AJ73

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently faced a major challenge when my laptop crashed, resulting in the loss of significant personal data, among a file that contained all the IP numbers and passwords for my HikVision cameras. The specific model of my cameras is DS-2CD2365FWD, and they are running on firmware version 5.5.82. I have an XML file that I downloaded recently. Is there any possibility of recovering the password file from this XML? Any support that can help retrieve my password would be greatly appreciated.

Thx, AJ.

Last edited:

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
2 ways:

HikPartnerPro Installer verified account, Open a case for password reset.
Send to hikvision support directly. But dont hope,they dont deal with end users, but there are exceptions if someone will have a good day.