DS-2CD2347G1-LU - Firmware update

Amir.Idris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
HI All

After the latest firmware for Hikvision camera model DS-2CD2347G1-LU (I have 5 of them in total)

I know the Hikvision portal and have downloaded firmware for my NVR but not sure which firmware I need for my cameras as there is so much on there and its really confusing.

Any help or point in the right direction will be greatly appreciated :)

Amir.Idris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
HI All

After the latest firmware for Hikvision camera model DS-2CD2347G1-LU (I have 5 of them in total)

I know the Hikvision portal and have downloaded firmware for my NVR but not sure which firmware I need for my cameras as there is so much on there and its really confusing.

Any help or point in the right direction will be greatly appreciated :)
sorry I mean which platform do they fall under ?

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi @Amir.Idris

sorry I mean which platform do they fall under ?
G1 Platform

I think the firmware you are looking for is here:

HIKVISION UK PORTAL (hikvisioneurope.com)

What version of the firmware are the cameras running now? Do you see that version in the list at the link above?

Of course, it's a good idea to read the release notes for each of the firmware, and definitely notice the note under version V5.6.4 build 191224:

"Note: Please do not downgrade the device with factory version 5.6.4 to below 5.6.4.txt"

You can also search for the latest firmware using a camera's serial number using the following link... but only if the camera was affected by the recent Command Injection Vulnerability.... some of the G1 cameras were affected and some were not... the page will tell you when you try a serial number there.

Firmware Download | Security Notification - Command Injection Vulnerability in Some Hikvision products | Hikvision

Last edited:

Amir.Idris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks John.

Useful to know you can search function using serial number, question.....when searching via serial number only 9 characters are allowed, which 9 characters do I use from the screenshot attached ? I have tried the first 9 characters after the camera model name and the last 9 characters too, nothing found, not sure if I am doing this correct. My screenshot also shows current firmware version of cameras.

My other issue is I cannot flip, rotate, extend, make smaller the line for line crossing detection. I have tried via web gui and IVMS200 and it does not allow, was able to do this before. My NVR is on the latest firmware which I did recently.

Attachments

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
which 9 characters do I use from the screenshot attached ?
Then your camera serial number is: E52726034

I just tried and your camera is not affected by CIV so you will get:

"No firmware available. Only products affected by the vulnerability can be searched on the page."

While I was there I found the link that shows which cameras were affected:

Security Notification - Command Injection Vulnerability in Some Hikvision products | Command Injection Vulnerability | Hikvision

Your G1 model is not included in the list so all good.

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
cannot flip, rotate, extend, make smaller the line for line crossing detection
Just tried on one of mine...In the camera web GUI you should be able to click/select the line... then each line "end" with have a small box that can be moved around?

Maybe different with different cameras/firmware so if that doesn't work, maybe try clearing the existing line and draw it again?

Amir.Idris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Then your camera serial number is: E52726034

I just tried and your camera is not affected by CIV so you will get:

"No firmware available. Only products affected by the vulnerability can be searched on the page."

While I was there I found the link that shows which cameras were affected:

Security Notification - Command Injection Vulnerability in Some Hikvision products | Command Injection Vulnerability | Hikvision

Your G1 model is not included in the list so all good.
Thanks, all cameras firmware now updated to latest firmware

Amir.Idris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just tried on one of mine...In the camera web GUI you should be able to click/select the line... then each line "end" with have a small box that can be moved around?

Maybe different with different cameras/firmware so if that doesn't work, maybe try clearing the existing line and draw it again?
Its weird cause I used to have the same and could move this line, I thought updating the firmware might fix this but no its still the same. Rebooted NVR and each camera individually too, still no luck. I am at a loss with this one

Amir.Idris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok so I re-installed the add in (local service components) and can now move/adjust the line, thanks for all the help :)