DS-2CD2347G2-LU 4MP for indoor room 5mx5m size

Afranze

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi
Need an IP camera with audio mic to listen and see video for an indoor room thats about 5 meters x 5 metres

So dont need high resolution due to smallish room

I was looking at this model as its currently on sale in my country at some stores

DS-2CD2347G2-LU 4MP

Just wanted some people to let me know if theres good or bad things about it before i buy it?

Thank you

1706849385481.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You might be better off with a 5mp camera that has a 4:3 format rather than 16:9

Afranze

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You might be better off with a 5mp camera that has a 4:3 format rather than 16:9
I actually asked the store and they advises against that model for indoors as it's got a light that goes on at night ( not infrared light but a regular light)

Which would be annoying as it's for a room inside my home

Something like this model would be perfect but 2.8mm is too wide for 5 x 4 meter square room ( measured it )
4mm focal length would be ideal

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I actually asked the store and they advises against that model for indoors as it's got a light that goes on at night ( not infrared light but a regular light)

Which would be annoying as it's for a room inside my home

Something like this model would be perfect but 2.8mm is too wide for 5 x 4 meter square room ( measured it )
4mm focal length would be ideal
There are plenty of 5mp 4:3 models that have IR...you wont capture the full room properly with 16:9...

Afranze

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There are plenty of 5mp 4:3 models that have IR...you wont capture the full room properly with 16:9...
Thanks ill look around. Its not a huge deal if I dont capture a corner right under the camera but nicer if I do