DS-2CD2385FWD-I Turret foggy at night

monaro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Been googling for answers why my turret was foggy/misty at night, clear during the day. Cleaned the lens cover outer glass over and over, no good. Finally looked at the lens at night with a strong torch at an angle, and inside the glass protecting the lens was a film of some kind. Took the turret apart and yes, it was a film. It wasn't dust. I'm assuming it was from heat as the camera is exposed to sunlight even though under the eaves. Took the seal protecting the lens out and cleaned the glass. Had to use windex to remove the film as simple wiping only smeared it. Used a strong light on one side of the lens and looked through from the other side to make sure no lint or smearing was apparent and put it back together. Will check tonight but feel it will fix the problem. I put up this post as a FYI for other people who may have the same problem. All my searches only revealed the seal problem with the domes.

Cheers

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Sounds like you may have some physical problem but IR glare also will cause the same "foggy" look at night.

Not always obvious that you have some reflection off of some nearby surface and it doesn't necessarily need to be from something in view of the cam.

If what you did doesn't fix it, then try turning the cam away from anything that might reflect and see if that helps.

monaro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Mike
I looked at the reflection possibility also. I'll feel I've fixed the issue but tonight will confirm or not.

Cheers