DS-2CD2387G2-L(U)

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Excellent! This is what I've been waiting for....effectively the turret version of the 2CD2087G2...uses a 1/1.2 image sensor.

I hope the release date is not too far away.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
you already can buy them.. some can deliver it, but there is a little stock problem. so some choose not to sell it and just wait for bigger available stocks

but they are huge ! nothing to do with normal known turret (some newer hik turrets are already big, so depends on compared model)

Last edited:

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
but they are huge ! nothing to do with normal known turret (some newer hik turrets are already big, so depends on compared model)
Comparing the datasheets of the 2cd2386g2 and the 2cd2387g2 they both appear to be identical in size. I have the Gen2 turrets and whilst they were slightly bigger then the previous generation they aren't excessively big. I still much prefer the turret over the bullet style camera.

The only place I could find it listed for sale was a German web site. Hopefully availability improves in the coming months.

Spirch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
this seem to be a g3 firmware version and ofcourse if i want one, i need to wait for the G5 compatible firmware version of it... if i understand properly, the C letter need to be at the end

unless this is already a g5 version? ... ok how to figure out? :p

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes if model is (C) in web page or on camera box, you need IPC_G5.

If not, IPC_G3.

If still not sure, just try update with latest G3 or G5. If wrong, camera will reject firmware because it knows it is not right before it try to upgrade.

MrRobinHood

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So if I purchased a DS-2CD2387G2-L(U) today from a UK supplier then it will be a C version and therefore also G5 platform, is that correct?

MrRobinHood

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Okay thanks, is there an explainer anywhere what the different 'G' platforms actually mean?

I presume G5 is preferable to G3? And why the jump from G3 straight to G5?

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Okay thanks, is there an explainer anywhere what the different 'G' platforms actually mean?

I presume G5 is preferable to G3? And why the jump from G3 straight to G5?
It seems that Hikvision has many problems with their chip suppliers. They changed most models to "C" version which has some different parts, so they need another firmware.
Hikvison said, that they will NOT support G3 models (without C) anymore, so there will be no firmware updates anymore for this models (this is what they said).
Only G5 (C model) will get firmware updates in future.

C model firmware has still some bugs which they still trying to fix.
At least they released a firmware on Friday which removed the bug of flickering/stutter when movement comes into a still scene.

I would totally avoid buying any hikvision model. After the C-model bullshit i say they are not reliable. 2087g2 was released late 2019 , delivered early 2020 , some bought this model in 2021 and they just say "EOL" ... LOL what a waste of money for the people who bought the camera.

MrRobinHood

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Interesting, yes, that is frustrating. Seems their firmware team needs to up their game.

Shame as the two way audio version of this cam is due to land in a few weeks by the looks of it, which is exactly what I've been after.

Might have to just get one to test it and hope they keep improving things and hope the G5 C version gets a bit more TLC than the G3

Bob Hsu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hikvision have new model DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL with Mic, Speaker and Strobe Light, support 2-way audio. We have placed a firt batch to Hikvision factory, is planning to be received on March.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Hikvision will support the firmware upgrade of G3 platform too. They are trying to combine the firmware of G5 and G3 in one version.
Any source for that ?

We have this official statement from Hikvision which is also on the FTP

3. The cut-off version of the non-yellow part is V5.5.160, and it is expected that there will be no updated version in the future, corresponding to the package platform: G3 platform;

MrRobinHood

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hikvision have new model DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL with Mic, Speaker and Strobe Light, support 2-way audio. We have placed a firt batch to Hikvision factory, is planning to be received on March.
I saw that on a few UK sites last night.

Some are saying delivery towards the end of January, or in February. Are you saying it’s more likely to be March?

Bob Hsu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There is a long Chinese Holidays for Chinese Lunear New Year in January and February. Hikvision usually works slowly in Jan. and Feb.

MrRobinHood

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looks like the 2.8mm LSU/SL versions have started landing in the UK. Just ordered a couple.

No 4mm or black models yet though that I can see, which is a bit annoying as I'd like to get some black. Might have to get the spray paint out.

Freubel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like the 2.8mm LSU/SL versions have started landing in the UK. Just ordered a couple.

No 4mm or black models yet though that I can see, which is a bit annoying as I'd like to get some black. Might have to get the spray paint out.
Try plastidip, then you can always revert to the original color without issues. Please keep us informed on this camera since it has also peeked my interest.