DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL Panoramic 4k

kusojiji

n3wb
Reaction score
Ah, that sucks. Mine is over-reactive, so the opposite of yours. I'm letting the synology detect the motion, which is hit or miss with detections.

kusojiji

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't have any experience with blueiris. Are any of your other cameras colorvu? and have you tried to set them up so that the blueiris controls the detection?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Post a snapshot of your field of view.

Typically when the camera or BI has trouble, it is because someone is trying to do too much with a field of view.

Also keep in mind for BI you need to run CodeProject if you want to alert on human.

Reaction score
Post a snapshot of your field of view.

Typically when the camera or BI has trouble, it is because someone is trying to do too much with a field of view.

Also keep in mind for BI you need to run CodeProject if you want to alert on human.
Kindly note that i am familiar with CodeProject due to the fact that I have already installed another 5 cameras and currently are running fluently in both environments with BlueIris (along with CodeProject) and standalone mode using microSD card, not sure if it is the field of view the problem (it's a quite busy field with trees), since on the same spot I previously had installed a Hikvision (4mp version, DS-2CD2347G2) ColorVu camera and it was running fluently (smart Detection, such as line crossing and motion detection was detecting human in almost 99% accuracy). If you want I can share the relevant field of view. Also I have already installed the latest firmware (Firmware_V5.7.11_240319, ).

Thanking you in advance,

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is well documented that the panoramic cameras struggle compared to other cameras when it comes to AI detection, and you are experiencing that yourself. The field of view is simply too wide and not much AI has been done specifically for that field of view.

Many people have seen them struggle with anything on the outer thirds of the field of view and anything beyond 30ish feet. Of course some don't have many issues, but for many it is. I use them simply for overviews.

Reaction score
It is well documented that the panoramic cameras struggle compared to other cameras when it comes to AI detection, and you are experiencing that yourself. The field of view is simply too wide and not much AI has been done specifically for that field of view.

Many people have seen them struggle with anything on the outer thirds of the field of view and anything beyond 30ish feet. Of course some don't have many issues, but for many it is. I use them simply for overviews.
Thank you for the clarifications, I was not aware to the the fact of the difficulty detecting human/vehicles. Maybe I will downgrade to my 4mp ColorVu camera. Thanks again

kusojiji

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't have any AI detection enabled and it still doesn't work - just a whole bunch of false detects on the basic motion detect settings.