DS-2CD2432F-IW 3MP firmware issue after trying to upgrade to 5.4

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
[2018-03-28 23:15:52] Completed file[E:\TFTP\ftp583v525\Auto Update\digicap.dav] transmit
With no 'update completed' message, that generally wouldn't cause any changes - it means that the firmware was not accepted.
I left it at that for a good 15min or so and nothing, so restarted the camera and it's back to its old bricked state, won't pickup new firmware again and now SADP no longer finds it anymore :/ I do still get a few pings from 0.64 though during the normal "boot up" when its checking for the server....
However, what this suggests is that the flash has been erased in preparation for the firmware update, hence SADP not finding anything.
It will be booting into a Linux shell only, no app.
But with the ping response from 192.0.0.64 it does suggest it's probing for the Hikvision tftp updater.
So all is not lost.

As a long shot - after the power on, is there any ping response from 192.168.1.64 and if so does it respond to a telnet access?
I left it at that for a good 15min or so and nothing
If this was straight after the tftp file download - and not after a follow-on power-cycle:
After a power cycle - if it is booting to a Linux shell only, the watchdog may reboot into 'min-system recovery mode' after about a 10mins timeout waiting for davinci, in which case SADP would see it again as 4.0.8 firmware version.

Where are you based?

Nayto

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay soooo...... I feel like such an idiot, but I dug up an old switch from the shed and it made ALL the difference... once everything was plugged into the switch the tftp service activated every time I rebooted the camera. I think using a patch lead between PC/Camera wasn't giving it enough time for the network to initiate (which I figured out when I rebooted the camera via the GUI while it was still powered on and tftp worked instantly)

FYI for anyone who's giving this a shot, it did take quite a few power cycles still, and maybe a bit of patience because the third or fourth time around I left it on "transmit" for a good 10min before I finally got the "system update completed" message.

All that aside, I've just run thru the fixup script/hex edits etc. and am happy to say I now have a WORKING CAMERA again.. AND I can actually read the menu now!! :) Thanks so much for all your assistance Alastair and if you ever find yourself down under, hit me up coz' the beers are on me!!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I dug up an old switch from the shed and it made ALL the difference.
I think using a patch lead between PC/Camera wasn't giving it enough time for the network to initiate
Ah - not using a direct connection, despite Hikvision's advice to do so, can make all the difference - you are not the first one to discover that timing is of the essence for Hikvision's tftp updater process.
A similar problem can occur when a POE switch is used for both power and data.
FYI for anyone who's giving this a shot, it did take quite a few power cycles still,
People have posted too about the need to repeat until contact is made - I think mainly linked to the use of Win10. I've not seen this myself at all under Win7.

am happy to say I now have a WORKING CAMERA again..
Brilliant!
That is a really good result, and even better for sharing your experience, which will inform others.

Reaction score
Hi, first time post here on the forum and looking for a little advice.

I recently upgraded a DS-2CD2132 CCH serial camera via the iVMS-4200 V2.7.0.10 Firmware Upgrade feature to V5.4.42 due to being far too curious as to what the upgrade process within iVMS would be! IE, I thought that there might a be a 'are you sure you want to do this?' type prompt.

lesson learnt!

The camera was purchased a few years ago on Ebay and was, before the upgrade functioning correctly despite being on a very old firmware. The camera comes up on SADP with the fixed IP address assigned to it, displays video etc but I cannot connect to it any more via iVMS to configure or via a web interface. The error is '5026 mismatched device, language and client language' in iVMS.

I realise that I have fallen into a trap here but after reading through lots of posts not quite sure what to do in order to recover access to the camera without making the situation worse. Enhanced brickfix tool?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,

Matt

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
not quite sure what to do in order to recover access to the camera without making the situation worse. Enhanced brickfix tool?
Yes, this method will convert to a full EN/ML camera, even if not fully bricked :
Unbrick and fully upgrade your R0 / DS-2CD2x32 IP cameras -
R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.
You can go direct to the latest 5.4.5 version.
Firmware Upgrade feature to V5.4.42
Are you certain of the version? Not a version I've come across.

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply! I shall try the Brickfix tool at the weekend. Just re-checked the version, V5.4.42 reported by SADP. Image link attached below

DS2CD2132.jpg

Cheers

Reaction score
Followed the excellent instructions and the camera is now working perfectly in English with 5.4.5 Thanks for your help and the really great tools! Cheers