DS-2CD2432F-IW audio issue

John_Hey

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I just got a DS-2CD2432F-IW
everything works fine but when I use "live View" there is no audio. on bottom left the speaker icon is disabled and cannot enable it.
however when I click on the mic icon (two way audio) I can hear the audio. what can be the problem?
I am on 5.2.5 firmware (chines camera, English firmware)

I tried this with web viewer, on my phone(ivms-4500) and ivms-4200, all same result with live view there is no audio.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The speaker icon has a volume slider right next to it. Does that also not work for you? Mine works, but it is on firmware 5.1 so kind of old.

John_Hey

n3wb
Reaction score
no, it does not work. i tried reboot etc but no luck. as i said even in mobile app and desktop app there is no audio.
has anyone used 5.2.5, i am not sure if it is firmware related or I got defective camera

riri7707

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep,
The firmware you got in your cam have probably not been hacked correctly.
I had similar issues with my last buy from China. So I didn't understand why it works with one more oldest from different provider having exactly the same FW and release.
After some investigation, my doubt went from crapy delivered fw: 5.2.5
So I decided to reflash the cam and it worked; I got the audio up and running.

Too much different hazardous FW running from different suppliers, but never the perfect one...

John_Hey

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks riri.
can someone point me to right firmware 5.2.5?
also does 5.2.0 work fine? is yes where I can get a reliable one?

riri7707

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You have it somewhere in the forum. Some one placed the link to donwload. I do not have it in mind at this moment... But it's under Hikvision folder..

John_Hey

n3wb
Reaction score
riri, after I bricked my camera with 5.2.0 then bring it back with 5.2.5 (Chinese), the audio is working like a charm.
So the problem was bad firmware as you said.
the only issue, it is all Chinese, can you point me where I can find good English (or multi language) 5.2.5? (or pm me)

SavvyChimp

n3wb
Reaction score
riri, after I bricked my camera with 5.2.0 then bring it back with 5.2.5 (Chinese), the audio is working like a charm.
So the problem was bad firmware as you said.
the only issue, it is all Chinese, can you point me where I can find good English (or multi language) 5.2.5? (or pm me)
Were you able to flash your camera back to a US firmware and still have your audio issue resolved? I am having the same issue you are having and I have a Chinese camera with the CBX mod so I flashed the US 5.2.3 firmware but it did not resolve my audio issue, like you I only get audio if I enable the mic icon.

John_Hey

n3wb
Reaction score
I flashed it with hacked 5.2.5 (I am not sure if 5.2.3 is working)
Joehhcp, to be honest the audio is not good. I am not sure why but i have another camera DLink 5222, the audio is perfect.

most of audios I tested from recorded videos are not clear and choppy....
may be other people can also comment on this. I am a little disappointed about the audio of this camera.

SavvyChimp

n3wb
Reaction score
Were you able to flash your camera back to a US firmware and still have your audio issue resolved? I am having the same issue you are having and I have a Chinese camera with the CBX mod so I flashed the US 5.2.3 firmware but it did not resolve my audio issue, like you I only get audio if I enable the mic icon.
I figured it out the problem with the help of some peoples suggestions in another tread pointing me in the right direction. First I am using a Mac with Safari and even with the web components installed you can click the speaker icon and not get audio and if you click the mic icon you get an error. Now this was not working in Windows for me ether until I updated to firmware 5.2.3 and adjusted the input volume to 75% from 50%. So right way I got excited thinkinh this is resolved but again no audio in iVMS-4500. It looks like iVMS-4500 uses the sub stream and not the main stream and my camera was configured to video only on the sub stream so I changed that to video&audio and what do know, problem resolved.

Sound seems to be ok.